Leakey vs Nueces Canyon

Blue Bird

Six-man pro
This is starting to be a cliche, but I didn't see this one coming. Can anyone tell us about the game? I went back and looked at who had beaten Nueces Canyon, that would be Balmorhea and Rankin. And, no surprise, they were beaten pretty soundly. In my mind, I had Leakey picked as the team to beat in the east. Well, this was about as early in the playoff picture as you can get and they have already been beat. Granted they will probably have to be beaten again somewhere along the way, but Neuces Canyon has shown it can be done.

I actually called it last year! The team that Milford lbeat in the game before state simply didn't have that much talent. While it's amazing they made it last year, I didn't think a repeat was in the cards.

I disagree Tebow my man, Leakey had talent, heart and injuries last year. They still have the heart and talent, don’t know about the injuries this year though. Don’t count them out just yet. I still believe they will make a deep run this year.
Just saying...........

FCSA football":2pfwee9w said:
I disagree Tebow my man, Leakey had talent, heart and injuries last year. They still have the heart and talent, don’t know about the injuries this year though. Don’t count them out just yet. I still believe they will make a deep run this year.
Just saying...........

This is no disrespect to #9 from Milford, but there is NO WAY he's that good. You could tell the Leakey kids were scared of him to the point I think they were running with him and/or away from him. If Leakey has "heart and talent," then I want to be #9 from Milford's agent because he's going to the NFL and will surpass Earl Campbell, Jim Brown, Eddie George, Bus, Jamal Lewis, Larry Johnson, and all the other great power backs in NFL history.

Leakey will definitely make the playoffs and could get past Nucese Canyon and the teams around Brownwood like May and Gorman, but they, as well as the other teams, will get crushed in the Eastern Region Finals. All the good D1 teams are in the west or around DFW.

Now Leakey does have TE's half-brother coming up, which will be really helpful even if he isn't his brother.

Blue Bird":1el9cvnk said:
This is starting to be a cliche, but I didn't see this one coming. Can anyone tell us about the game? I went back and looked at who had beaten Nueces Canyon, that would be Balmorhea and Rankin. And, no surprise, they were beaten pretty soundly. In my mind, I had Leakey picked as the team to beat in the east. Well, this was about as early in the playoff picture as you can get and they have already been beat. Granted they will probably have to be beaten again somewhere along the way, but Neuces Canyon has shown it can be done.

You seriously had Leaky as the team to beat in the East? The disrespect is crazy....

MilfordInsider":2fwuta4h said:
Blue Bird":2fwuta4h said:

You seriously had Leakey as the team to beat in the East? The disrespect is crazy... Milford beat these guys easily last year in the Semis and then brought back 7 seniors (4 starters) and Leakey was your favorite?

Has Milford been hurt all year? Because from the first game on their scores have not shown me much. Disrespect? Just because Granger places you at #1 to start the season doesn't mean that you get to keep it. You have to earn that right. And Milford just hasn't!

TebowTime15":2dsp37oj said:
FCSA football":2dsp37oj said:
Just saying...........

This no disrespect to #9 from Milford, but there is NO WAY he's that good. You could tell the Leakey kids were scared of him to the point I think they were running with him and/or away from him. If Leakey has "heart and talent," then I want to be #9 from Milford's agent because he's going to the NFL and surpass Earl Campbell, Jim Brown, Eddie George, Bus, Jamal Lewis, Larry Johnson, and all the other great power backs in NFL history.

Leakey will definitely make the playoffs and could get to past Nucese Canyon and the teams around Brownwood like May and Gorman, but they, as well as the other teams, will get crushed in the Eastern Region Finals. All the good D1 teams are in the west or around DFW.

Now Leakey does have TE's half-brother coming up, which will be really helpful even if he isn't his brother.

Brothers are Brothers. Some never have one, some loose one. Some can't get along. Some are lucky.

Johnny South":2nmyczrm said:
What grade is little brother in? I haven't heard anything about him so far. TE was already making big waves in the 7th grade.

He is a freshman and you will. The thing is Mr South sometimes in order to hear things you have to stop talking. Just a little advice for the mouth of the south. TE’s little brother will make a name for himself very soon. I happen to know his name already and can tell you this kid is special in his own way. So shhhh and open your Ear‘S sir!

MilfordInsider":2wh7wori said:
Blue Bird":2wh7wori said:

You seriously had Leaky as the team to beat in the East? The disrespect is crazy....

I think thats only disrespectful if you're looking to be disrespected

In today’s Touchy, Feeley World of Safe Spaces and Zones, ANY OPINION you express that is different from someone else’s is considered an “Offense”. Free Speech is dead. The Keyboard Police will label you as they choose. Being labeled as Disrespectful is a misdemeanor but charges can be raised to a Felony if you don’t fall to your knees, apologize, repent and grovel. Penalties get very severe in that case.
However “memento mori”.
Just a comment and observation ...........

FCSA football":1cduv6qe said:
In today’s Touchy, Feeley World of Safe Spaces and Zones, ANY OPINION you express that is different from someone else’s is considered an “Offense”. Free Speech is dead. The Keyboard Police will label you as they choose. Being labeled as Disrespectful is a misdemeanor but charges can be raised to a Felony if you don’t fall to your knees, apologize, repent and grovel. Penalties get very severe in that case.
However “memento mori”.
Just a comment and observation ...........

While I agree with you 1000%, we should keep in mind that the 1st Amendment protects our free speech from the government rather than other people like "the key board mob." In a totalitarian regime, the police kill or imprison people who disagree with the government. It's not that bad....yet.

My man south can catch a break ? Come one he just gives his opinion like everyone else . As far as the eat my opinion will be Avalon Coolidge and Blum . One of these 3 will rep the East . I think Avalon and Blum will meet in the 3rd . Milford has always been loaded and have a wonderful program . But they just can’t close . I think multiple years they had the best team in the state and just some how would get put out early . Milford doesn’t make playoff this year . And I bet that’s the first time in 10 years . I have to catch a Avalon game this season to really see it . But I will make my Milford and Avalon prediction early . If healthy Avalon by 20 . If injury’s game ends early 3rd quater

Look at Milford schedule compared to Avalon.
Who has Avalon played?
Milford plays top 10 teams every week.
I will stay with Milford winning the district.

obagain":2v31g3wu said:
Look at Milford schedule compared to Avalon.
Who has Avalon played?
Milford plays top 10 teams every week.
I will stay with Milford winning the district.

I'd think so. They lost Ta'Ron, Schrotke and more from last year but still have experienced players from the last two years run. If fully healthy by the end of district they could make a run that might surprise some.

Leaky was kind of a Cinderella last year dancing through cupcakes but they took a great Milford team to the fourth quarter in the semi.

I wouldn't be surprised to see D1 East come down to Milford and Union Hill. While not top 10's U Hill's been rollin people. Shane laid a good foundation in a short time, promoting the game in the Piney Woods, in good hands from the one article I found a while back, with good talent.

Speaking of Cinderella, for Smokey... Full screen is best.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=cinderlla ... 170eba0f65

Thanks 5111..........,I’d just about forgotten that song. It was a great belt buckle polishing tune but I prefer “The Keys in the Mailbox”..........

Back