Lanham Briley

cavsad

11-man fan
Lanham Briley finished his career at Ft. Worth Covenant Classical last night, leading his team to their second straight TAPPS Championship.
Last year in Division III, and to the Division II title this year. Going 27 of 33 for 362 7 TD's and 1 int.
He wraps up his career going 565 comp. 900 attempts 195 TDs and 10 ints. Most of this complied in three years as he backed up his older brother Russell Briley his freshman year in which he was 22 of 49 636 yards. 14 TDs and 3int.

I am proud to have been able to coach not only an outstanding Quarterback but more importantly, an outstanding young man and leader.
And before you haters start saying it was weak competition, He put up huge numbers against Richland, Springs, Strawn, Baird, and Union Hill. Ask any of them if he was any good or not.

Lanham Briley finished his career at Ft. Worth Covenant Classical last night leading his team to their second straight TAPPS Championship.
Last year in Division III, and to the Division II title this year. Going 27 of 33 for 362 7 TD's and 1 int.
He wraps up his career going 565 comp. 900 attempts 195 TDs and 10 ints. Most of this complied in three years as he backed up his older brother Russell Briley his Freshman year in which he was 22 of 49 636 yards. 14 TDs and 3int.

I am proud to have been able to coach not only an outstanding Quarterback but more importantly outstanding young man and leader.
And before you haters start saying it was week competition He put up huge numbers against Richland, Springs, Strawn, Baird, and Union Hill. Ask any of them if he was any good or not.
We played against him last year and then again last summer in the 6v6 championship game. He can really sling it. It's more than just arm talent. He understands where and when to throw it too. I hope he gets a chance to play somewhere in college if he's interested.

Lanham Briley finished his career at Ft. Worth Covenant Classical last night, leading his team to their second straight TAPPS Championship.
He wraps up his career going 565 comp. 900 attempts 195 TDs and 10 ints. Most of this complied in three years as he backed up his older brother Russell Briley his freshman year in which he was 22 of 49 636 yards. 14 TDs and 3int.

I am proud to have been able to coach not only an outstanding Quarterback but more importantly, an outstanding young man and leader.
And before you haters start saying it was weak competition, He put up huge numbers against Richland, Springs, Strawn, Baird, and Union Hill. Ask any of them if he was any good or not.
That’s outstanding thanks for sharing. Good luck to that young man in the future.

very good player

Correct
14 his Freshman year in two games.
53 sophomore covid season in 9 games
75 Junior year in 13 games
53 Senior year in 12 games
ANd as you know most of those games ended at half or early 3rd quarter.

Also I should note I do not have Nathan Strand's career stats and seeing how he passed for 84 TDs in a single season I think he would probably have the most TD passes in a career and probably yards
According to this article, Strand “only” had 148 TDs.

It broke the previous six-man national record of 148 set by Nathan Strand of Greenville Christian who last played in 2004.

Thanks for that tip. Seems low for a guy who had 84 in one season, would like additional conformation but that's probably right as I believe Tommy Wells compiled those stats. He lumped in private school and UIL together...I dont bc of various rule differences (player eligibility, enrollment numbers things like that), I think it is better to have them separated

Back