jayton classic

Morgan Eagle 84

11-man fan
This is my first time driving out to jayton. looking for hotels to stay at closest one ive found is in post,tx. Any infor on places to stay would be great. Im driving in from keller,tx. thanks.

Snyder, Post, Spur, Aspermont all have motels.....
Also check on Hamlin

Snyder would off the best venue as far as restaurants..... 45-55 minutes....Hwy 208 to 380
Post has nice venue as well.... 45-55 minutes... I believe hwy 380
Spur has the back-door-inn (nearest of the 4 towns to Jayton)...

No matter which town you stay at, You will get to see the BEAUTIFUL landscape of mesquite trees, your occassional deer, grasshoppers, and a few snakes crossing the hwy's when traveling to Jayton..... And throw in a few pump jacks, livestock and dry land....
OR - as some say..... GOD'S COUNTRY

Be sure to take a cooler full of ice and drinks, last year I sat through 2 games in 100+ heat and consumed at least 2 large waters per quarter. Pretty good frito pie . . .

There are 2 hotles in Aspermont, which is 24 miles from Jayton.
Hickman's
1008 N Broadway Aspermont, TX 79502
(940) 989-3531
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review ... Texas.html
Ther used to be a Hickman's resataurant next to the hotel
Budget Inn
731 North Broadway Street Aspermont, TX 79502
(940) 989-3501
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review ... Texas.html

If I remember, Jayton has an excellent conncession especially at the classic.
Post from Jayton 53 miles
Snyder from Jayton 50 miles
Spur from Jayton 25 miles
Aspermont from Jayton 24 miiles

Jayton Gridiron classic

Thursday, August 30

6:00 p.m.- Border County (H) vs. Crowell
8:00 P.m.- Throckmorton (H) vs. Rotan

Friday, August 32

4:00 P.m.- Paducah (H) vs. Newcastle
6:00 p.m.- Highland (H) vs. Motley County
8:00 p.m.- Jayton(H) vs. Lueders- Avoca

Saturday, September 1

6:00 p.m.- Sterling City(H) vs. Chillicothe
8:00 p.m.- Knox City(H) vs. Petersburg

(H) = Home Team

raptor35":1ux2ukd2 said:
Pete can we look foward to district predictions from you this year? Though I'm sure you are a busy man

I lost 4 years of historical data to a stupid user accident in April and last Tuesday I lost my db server to a lighting strike that caused a brownout and loss of mother board on my SQL server. New server on order - I expect it in by Monday and I'll get it rebuilt and loaded. I hope to have a good starting point by zero week. what I will really miss is the historical data that I used in modeling response data. I get to start all over, I am reloading last years data as that I still have.

Long story short, I am going to try . . .

An old hotel on the southeast side of Spur on the highway to Jayton has been renovated. The rooms are decent. 24 miles to Jayton. Eat at the Turn-a-Round cafe at the end of main street.

I've got ya covered on Thursday Cowboy through both games .....already told them I'd be a lil late at work on Friday its FOOTBALL time !!!!!!!

CatPride88":2o981kx7 said:
I've got ya covered on Thursday Cowboy through both games .....already told them I'd be a lil late at work on Friday its FOOTBALL time !!!!!!!

I'm glad to hear that. I may miss the game Thursday.

oldfat&bald":306ez555 said:
CatPride88":306ez555 said:

I'm glad to hear that. I may miss the game Thursday.
Who are you trying to kid? You know you'll be there.

Back