It's an EXCEPTIONALLY great day to be an Aggie.

Mites grow on a chicken's a$$.
And I'm fairly certain that a team that was "Not Able To Play With The Big Boys Of The SEC" just beat the defending Champs.
Gig'em

twodollarbill":2r2tidlh said:
And I'm fairly certain that a team that was "Not Able To Play With The Big Boys Of The SEC" just beat the defending Champs.
Gig'em

Don't get defensive, I'm giving them a compliment (which as a Tech alum, doesn't happen much...lol).

If they would have stayed in the Big 12, I really feel they would have won it. And, usually, the Big 12 champion plays in the National Championship, if they are undefeated. The only team in the Big 12 who I think could beat A&M, is Kansas State. The only reason A&M wouldn't win in the Big 12 is because Tech and Texas are rivalry games where anything could happen. But, I think A&M is better than both this year.

But if you're happy with just one big win, then...be happy. I would be upset that the powers that be moved us into a tougher conference and cost us a possible BCS bowl (and all of the good things that come from that).

coachjdjones":1kh5k64r said:
twodollarbill":1kh5k64r said:
Gig'em

Don't get defensive, I'm giving them a compliment (which as a Tech alum, doesn't happen much...lol).

If they would have stayed in the Big 12, I really feel they would have won it. And, usually, the Big 12 champion plays in the National Championship, if they are undefeated. The only team in the Big 12 who I think could beat A&M, is Kansas State. The only reason A&M wouldn't win in the Big 12 is because Tech and Texas are rivalry games where anything could happen. But, I think A&M is better than both this year.

But if you're happy with just one big win, then...be happy. I would be upset that the powers that be moved us into a tougher conference and cost us a possible BCS bowl (and all of the good things that come from that).

Being upset is an exercise in futility.
Thus the basis for the title of the thread.
It's an EXCEPTIONALLY great day to be an Aggie.
Would I prefer a BCS Championship game? Absolutely!
Is it going to happen? Not this year.
So, with the situation as it currently stands.. Best we could hope for at this time.
Again. No hate & discontent on this end.

I am a Longhorn, but I'm a Texan at heart. I was proud of the Aggies, and "Johnny Football". We can be proud of Texas High School Football. And I despise Alabama. That look on Saban's face was about the same as the look on Bob Stoop's face when they lose. Too bad they put so much into beating Texas that it catches up with them often later during the year. Too bad they couldn't take some of those points they ran up on Texas and put them in that second lost. Yeah, UT would have a hard time beating A&M this year, but that would be a "hell" of a game, and a hard ticket to come by. But in a game like that, rivalry and all, anything could happen.

Hook 'em! Congrats Ags!

Several years ago, I overheard a distinguished alumni of A&M describe our local vetinarian & a a district judge ( both very vocal aggie supporters) this way: " I graduated from A&M in 1931; those guys think they're still sophomores."
This captures in a nutshell many aggie fans.................

UT vs TAMU Cotton Bowl..Just dont seem right playing the
Cotton Bowl in Arlington...Bring it back to the real "Cotton Bowl" in
good ol Fair Park.

I was proud to see T a&m win a big game. Makes our home grown players look really good. At the same time my wife thought I was sick supporting the aggies. I will always support them in the SEC but back in Texas, its is Tech, Texas and TCU all the way. Alabama and LSU are overrated.

Alabama could use a serious upgrade with some more Texas talent, counted only 4 or 5 Texans on their roster. LSU has 12 or 13 Texans, so they are a little light in the talent department. Look at Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, they are loaded. West Virginia wil need to make some serious upgrades to compete with the local boys.

I'm proud of the Aggies because they are a Texas team. But twist 1 ankle and they are back to being regular old Aggies. If Colt McCoy hadn't got hurt Texas would have destroyed Alabama....

I think we know where I stand... but Johnny Manziel is fun to watch. You cannot deny that.

As for they are an injury away, they must catch him first. I think he took only one solid hit all year. I am afraid some of those O-linemen are going to take the money and run.

As a member of the SEC Texas A & M was on T V for every game except one. UT wanted all the TV their way so the Aggies left. That is one of the reasons the big 12 broke up and some teams left it. I liked the old southwest conference but since college football is all about money, each team has to do what they must. Last night A & M looked like the national champions. The NCAA should get out of the opinion business and have a play off system. If it is good enough for sixman football it should be good enough for the big boys to have a play off system. Do not like having all those yankies telling us who is the best teams and national champion. Now if the Tide will go out and whip the Irish it will be a good year. A healthy, prosperous and happy new year to all. Go Sanderson Eagles !!!
peace and love

Back