Ice Damages

MelaniB

11-man fan
A 4 wheeler hit our truck and bashed our bumper in. The man next door has a collapsed awning. The lady across the street was at Walmart and came out and her car was hit from the front in. Her car is barely drivable. (sp). Will update the rest of the neighborhood.

Pop I wish we were up there where you are but I don't know what's going on because where you live, you usually get the worst. We have 6 inches of ice. Our Walmart is out of food. I've never seen it this bad in 57 years.

It's 12 degrees right now up here. Expected high of 16 ain't gonna happen. Every faucet we have is dribbling water out of it to keep the water line from freezing.

We left the house yesterday morning for about an hour, and I turned the bathroom faucet all the way off before we left. When we got back, the hot water heater was froze up.

And due to the remodeling, we don't have a heating system. Just little space heaters in every room. I'm freaking freezing.

Good day to do some cooking (if you have food to cook). I just finished injecting and seasoning a pork rib roast. Have some sweet potatoes and asparagus to go with it.....

Did you have the sleet? It sounds fridged where you live. The temperture there probably didn't even put a little bit of warmth in your house even with space heaters. I feel horrible for you. I'm praying for you and others that don't have any heat. I heard on TV about all the homes without power and got sick at my stomach and started prayers. Keep your water dripping because it's probably going to do this tomorrow. My word this is the worst time to hit you but knowing you as much as I do on six man football, your not a man to be defeated in anything you put your mind too, even building computers which are foreign objects to me. Love you and your wife through our Lord Jesus Christ.

smokeyjoe53":p83biw38 said:
Good day to do some cooking (if you have food to cook). I just finished injecting and seasoning a pork rib roast. Have some sweet potatoes and asparagus to go with it.....

We made some turkey gumbo last week. Then we crock potted a pork but earlier this week. Last night we made stew with leftover rib-eyes, opah sausages, and everything else in the fridge. Slow cooking some red beans today.

It's like a comfort food nirvana here.

Smokey you are so right. That's how I cook all the time. One for him and cook another for me. On the carbs on this freezing day I will probably eat 1/2 cup or red beans =protein and 1/4 slice of cornbread= high carbs so that means a little more insulin shot on the sliding scale for that meal. Tonight I think it's 3 alarm chili with the cornbread left over or frito pie. He believes this is the food for cold freezing weather. I won't be having any. 3 Alarm is the stinkest chili I've ever smelled. It smells like Armpits without deorderant and playing basket ball after a game...Oh dear me I'm sick again. No offence to bb players just wear lots of deoderant.

Well I feel like a dummy myself. Left all faucets dripping cold water and the hot water froze up. Took a bath last night out of a pan heated on the stove. Glad we bought meat Wednesday. Home made chili should hit the spot tonight.

5111 don't feel like a dummy. I've taken bathes in hot pan water at the lease. Like to froze to death. The grocery stores here are like a herd of cattle. DSH went to the grocery store so he's got us stocked up for about a month. Tomorrow it's stew.

My DSW made chicken spaghetti in the crock pot Thursday night. It was good then and is nearly as good reheated.

BTW, y'all be taking care of your brass monkeys. It's cold enough to hurt him out there.

CHANGE YOU NAME OFB...I can't even think of a beautiful name for you out of OFB, sorry rant's over. I love love love reheated spaggetti. It's is one of my favorites such as reheated pizza, venison or any kind of meat. Usually we feed the stray cats any left overs with the cat food. As far as my brass monkeys, if your talking about monkey grass, it's in poor shape. Ice is everywhere. I remember getting out and playing in ice and snow with the kids but this time I wouldn't let one of my grandkids out. They would break theirs arms and legs.

oldfat&bald":22nqpmif said:
My DSW made chicken spaghetti in the crock pot Thursday night. It was good then and is nearly as good reheated.

BTW, y'all be taking care of your brass monkeys. It's cold enough to hurt him out there.

Supposed to get up to 40 today, but the weather man says 40mph winds today. I think I'd rather have the cold.

rainjacktx":2wd5amh5 said:
oldfat&bald":2wd5amh5 said:

Supposed to get up to 40 today, but the weather man says 40mph winds today. I think I'd rather have the cold.

The only good thing about it will be the slick crap should melt off and dry up.

Sweet Smokey I'm sorry someone tore up your mailbox. Do you know who it was or did they do a drive away? I hope they were honest enough to tell you they did it. The insurance company we've tried to call wasn't open. I'm sure it's ice. Hope you get her back up soon.

Ok Mr OFB Now lets talk about brass monkeys. Was it grass? liquor? or butts? You got me this time but I ain't giving up until I find out the brass monkeys your talking about. If I don't get an answer soon I'm going to the Big Mountain RJ. Now there.

Back