Humble Pie

coachsatcher

Six-man fan
I just wanted to thank Coach Burkhart and the entire Richland Springs football team for the slice of humble pie we ate this past weekend. We still feel as though we're good enough to play in those games, but a 45-point loss is a quick reminder of a few things we need to tighten up. Congrats to the Coyotes and good luck the rest of the way.

There are times such a butt kicking comes in handy, the key is adjustment's not just with the opening kickoff but by quarters..........not halftime if you wait until then the games over.........................

reddogblitz":25l46ml3 said:
There are times such a butt kicking comes in handy, the key is adjustment's not just with the opening kickoff but by quarters..........not halftime if you wait until then the games over.........................
Satcher makes a classy post about being humbled by a better team and this is your response? Inappropriate, tastless, and unnecessary...

I played on a team in high school that had good kids we were not a playoff team ever....but I'll tell u this...we took some bad whoopins and learned from them.....and got better ..I like this coaches post....I have no doubt they will be back and stronger

We had a good season ourselves. We lost two games to two teams still in the show this week. As I told my team"Be disappointed about the outcome, that is real.But at the end of the day, you find outwhat you need to do tomorrow to finish the race in front." That is also real!!!
When running the 300 meter hurdles you must clear the final hurdle. You ran your best race...no matter where ever you finish. Great Post Chad, you are a class act!

While we did have winning records the teams I played on never went to any playoff's.
We never tasted any pie period. Your kids should be proud they had the opportunity to play for a coach that was able to do so.

I was fortunate enough to play playoff games. We were unfortunate enough to have our last two seasons ended by injuries. We never had much depth. I really think you learn a lot more from a loss.

Watching the boys growth is tremendous. Last year, we lost to Richland as well, but the boys were disappoointed, yet satisfied. This year the boys were devastated; which was a major difference from last year and a good sign that they are no longer hoping to win, but expecting to. We have tons of kids coming back next year, so they'll remember this game and build on it. We all will - we have to!

Wow!!! don't get the panties all bunched up Cowboy P I think coach understood the message it is something that all coaches will at some point come to witness if he coaches long enough there will be a team out there that will put up the humble pie a$$ kicking on you no matter your team, the lesson learned from the top down is you are only as good as your last game, no matter how many you may have already won it checks the players without the coach having to say much, because players will start to think there is no team better and as we all know every Goliath has a David....... Happy holiday's to all

reddogblitz":3c8w0vf0 said:
Wow!!! don't get the panties all bunched up Cowboy P I think coach understood the message it is something that all coaches will at some point come to witness if he coaches long enough there will be a team out there that will put up the humble pie a$$ kicking on you no matter your team, the lesson learned from the top down is you are only as good as your last game, no matter how many you may have already won it checks the players without the coach having to say much, because players will start to think there is no team better and as we all know every Goliath has a David....... Happy holiday's to all

Wow!!! dog, that may be the longest sentence that I have ever read!

This is why I changed my opinion on Coach Satcher and Mount Calm. Typically questioned, belittled, over looked, and second guessed. If its not their schedule, its their lack of defense, or inexperience, or being out coached. And yet Coach Satcher and MC always stays classy and quiet. I'll say it for you Coach, you're better than the credit you receive. Tonites game proves you're better than the naysayers. Oakwood being in front of you is a slap in the face. Some of these comments are ridiculus, and yet somehow thhey willl make a hundred excuses why Jonesboro couldn't score on a team you put up 53 on. Stay the course sir. You have made your team, your town and now one of your towns biggest rivals very proud of what you stand for. Tradition and wins will get you so far; but class and chharacter is what I want my sons to learn when they graduate. Wish we lived there. Good luck and keep your head up.

Heard there was a post on here about this. Like I said two years ago to Coach Satcher, the six man community is a tight knit fraternity that is tough to break in to. He hasn't been around long enough to get the benefit of the doubt. No mattere what school hes at, or how good he does while hes there.

Back