How Have I Not Heard About This?

smokeyjoe53":3vbqom4g said:
20/20 or Dateline did a story on it a year or so ago. .........

That can explain not knowing for the last year as I do not watch network TV other than part of an occasional NFL/MLB game.

Leman Saunders":d3cvof9d said:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/01/09/texas-armed-standoff-ends-after-15-years/78553518/

Need some stories from the folks in trinidad
I have not heard about this story either. The story lacks some of the background obviously since it just mentions it took place because of a traffic stop. Was he driving erratically or speeding which led to the stop? It's a given that a lot if not most people that live in the rural areas will be armed most of the time. It's a practical consequence of dealing with varmints(especially feral hogs) and certainly personal safety. Guessing he had a handgun of some variety instead of a rifle or shotgun. Regardless Mr. Gray probably was insulted by the trooper's action which led to the scuffle. I think discretion was missing on the troopers action but I know a person's attitude can trigger this type of conflict. This situation would not have occurred in Wyoming, no CHL is required to carry, concealed or not. I remember in high school some of my fellow students drove to school in the family pickup with guns on the window rack and left them in the truck in full view with the windows rolled down and no one thought or said a thing about it. No problem. How things have changed.

Back