How’s everyone looking this year?

We did a 5-way scrimmage on the first scrimmage date and scrimmaged Baytown last week. The first one was at Allen Academy and we scrimmaged Austin Veritas, Round Rock Christian Academy, San Marcos Academy, and Allen Academy. It was good experience for us. I think we held our own and was pleased with where we were considering how early it is in the season. Everybody looked a little sloppy, which I assume is expected with only 2 weeks of practice. Baytown was physical. They pursued and tackled well. They were big too. It should be a fun season. My boys are excited.

We did a 5-way scrimmage on the first scrimmage date and scrimmaged Baytown last week. The first one was at Allen Academy and we scrimmaged Austin Veritas, Round Rock Christian Academy, San Marcos Academy, and Allen Academy. It was good experience for us. I think we held our own and was pleased with where we were considering how early it is in the season. Everybody looked a little sloppy, which I assume is expected with only 2 weeks of practice. Baytown was physical. They pursued and tackled well. They were big too. It should be a fun season. My boys are excited.
Best of luck too yall!

I know San Marcos Hill Country scored an absurd amount of points, but after watching film on it, they can’t tackle and were lucky they played an even less physical team. Austin Veritas Defenders will go home at halftime this week with a win. I know it’s early but they looked confused and soft in my opinion

I know San Marcos Hill Country scored an absurd amount of points, but after watching film on it, they can’t tackle and were lucky they played an even less physical team. Austin Veritas Defenders will go home at halftime this week with a win. I know it’s early but they looked confused and soft in my opinion
San Marcos Rams win 74 to 42

Last edited:
An old, wise coach told me that the best defense is one that allows the opponent to score one less point that your offense can score.

Seriously, I went to a clinic once where the def coordinator was talking. He moved from 11 man to 6 man and during the season, was apologizing to his head coach for giving up too many points. The head coach stopped him and said, coach, your job is to stop the other team once each quarter. Just once. We'll score everytime we get the ball, so that means we win by four touchdowns. The light went on in the def. coordinators' head realizing what he needed to do.

By the way, John Rabon's son, Austin is the new HC at Hill Country. Starting out 2-0, which was two more wins than his dad had at the same point (at Seguin Lifegate, where we went 2-9 the first year) :cool:

Back