Hot Pepper Fans?!?!

You guys are freakin' nuts. I like hot peppers as much as the next guy, but when capsicum penetrates through a latex glove just harvesting the dang things?

rainjacktx":2jrgtcpt said:
You guys are freakin' nuts. I like hot peppers as much as the next guy, but when capsicum penetrates through a latex glove just harvesting the dang things?
I'm growing some for the novelty. I personally wouldn't ingest one but as the rest of the article states, maybe it is the "rush" that is so desirable:
"The blood flow increases and the endorphins start flowing. Their faces turn red, the sweat starts rolling, their eyes and noses water and there's a fiery sensation that spreads across their tongues and down their throats.
People actually get a crack-like rush," Duffy said. "I know the people who will eat the hottest stuff to get this rush, but they've got to go through the pain."
Pepper experts said there are a handful of people who are crazy enough to subject themselves to the pain, but the rest just want to try out these super-hot peppers on their friends or make killer hot sauce — and it doesn't take a whole pepper to do that.
More bang for the buck is how Bosland describes it. He said a family could buy two of the super-hot peppers to flavor their meals for an entire week.
The beauty of the peppers is they're not only the hottest in the world, but they're also some of the most flavorful peppers, Duffy said.
'You can make a barbeque sauce or a hot sauce at a mild to medium level using small amounts of these peppers and it will be so darn addictive that you won't want to put your spoon down,' he said. 'You'll want to eat and eat and eat'."

I have 7 scorpion spouts & 5 I'm hoping will sprout soon. I also have 3 chile tepin sprouts. I waiting on the other 9 seeds I planted. If all goes well I will have enough peppers to inflict pain on hundreds of people.

My son was home from the Air Force for Christmas a couple of months ago. On the way to the airport, we stopped off at Buffalo Wild Wings for some lunch. I ordered some mango habenero wings. They were pretty hot but addicting - as you mentioned, Smokey.

So I finish the wings and, while waiting for my wife and son to finish, decide to visit the men's room. It honestly never occured to me to wash my hands BEFORE I took a leak until I sat back down at the table because that's about when it hit.

I'll say this much: the mango does not soak into the sensitive man part areas nearly to the degree, nor with the speed, that habenero does.

It gives a whole new meaning to the term "weanie roast".

I had to take my DSW to the ER one night after she had been preparing peppers for canning and freezing. It got her eyes. She won't touch them now.....

smokeyjoe53":349tltuu said:
RJ I thought it might be more on the order of grilled kielbasa rather than weiner roast........................

You have to remember that it was winter. And the restaraunt was uncomfortably cool. Well, it was when I went in to the men's room. Not so much about 3 minutes later.

Little update..

peppers21511.jpg

I like hot peppers but I think this thread is to hot for me. I learned my lesson on chili petins a few years ago. Brought tears to my eyes as it was my first experience with them and I just popped one in my mouth without anything to go along with it. Won't make that mistake again. :)

dawgfan23":1oeihume said:
I like hot peppers but I think this thread is to hot for me. I learned my lesson on chili petins a few years ago. Brought tears to my eyes as it was my first experience with them and I just popped one in my mouth without anything to go along with it. Won't make that mistake again. :)
I'll have some petins this year. If you want some just give me a call & let me know.

Back