Holy Trinity going back to Six-Man

HTCeltics

Six-man observer
The Holy Trinity Catholic Celtics from Temple are headed back to the six-man field. Two seasons at 11-man--records 5-5 and 3-7. We ended this season with 15 suited up. Would have been a good roster for six, but for 11 it was hard!

We have been placed in TAPPS Division 2, District 2.

I'm hearing perhaps another school or two will be in the TAPPS six-man ranks in 2014 as well.

And I also hear that T-CAL's 11 man division (currently three teams) may expand to as many as 10 in 2014.

I am sure it will pull in a couple. Good location, has its own stadium, building a solid tradition and seems to have a lot of support. Should be a good job. I think the move back to sixman fits them.

Is it possible for a school to enter a district after the district meeting has taken place? We had our meeting for TAPPS Division II District I. Are any of the schools that may move to TAPPS 6-man in the Dallas area or West Texas.

Yes its possible but the school wanting to enter has to get TAPPS and all the new district schools to sign off on the move. Its a pretty detailed process to go through.

coachbronk":2rgb3wi8 said:
Yes its possible but the school wanting to enter has to get TAPPS and all the new district schools to sign off on the move. Its a pretty detailed process to go through.

But it can be done ... schedules really aren't that set in stone (I'll bet that many of the TAPPS schools haven't even seriously started them...) and those planning to schedule UIL schools can't officially do that until UIL realignments are set sometime in February (after appeals are heard).

A school serious about making the move would be wise to help walk that paperwork from school to school ... although some of my spies have told me that the TAPPS leadership anticipates some changes (ie additions) to the alignments may occur in the next several weeks.

Back