Hico

51eleven

Six-man expert
I'm wondering if anyone might know if we have to leave after the 1st game Saturday and come back and pay again for the 2nd game, or, if they might have a both game "package" price.
Also, based on other semi's I've been to and the size of the stadium, might they be bringing in extra portable bleachers?

May have answered my own question with a phone call. Spoke to a Coach there, not sure which one. He believes they will have a $10 ticket for both games, and a $? ticket for either indvidual game. And, they have brought in extra bleachers which should hold an additional 1800 fans. Once again, he "believes" this is what's going on.
Yaba dabba dabbba dabbba do!!!!!!

Gordon and Strawn are the home teams....

Hico is a smaller than normal sixman semifinal venue. I have heard that Gordon's previous semi games in Glen Rose they had somewhere around 5000 in attendance at least one if not both of those games. I am sure Strawn saw numbers like that there as well. I dont understand the games being 5 hours apart either. I know the state games are, but is it really needed? Even with a full first game, there could be quite a wait in between.

That is a little worrisome, 4300 total seating at Hico for TWO semi's? Glen Rose holds 6500 and the 99 semifinal game there filled at least 3/4ths of the seating there.

The stadium will be able to seat 3,100 fans with the extra bleachers brought out. Of course there is always the fence line to stand on as many people do.
The 5 hour game time difference is quite a long time, but I suppose it will give the second team plenty of time to warm up on the field and what not.

Best advice I can give you is come early and stay late and be loud! My understanding is all teams will split the gate four ways.

Don Hardin
Abilene

The last time we(J-Bird) play R.S. there the gate count was around 4800 without any added bleachers. So a few bleachers should be able to seat 5500 people.

Longhorn85":7g5ntrrz said:
TexasBob.com says that Hico seats 2500 to begin with, guess there arent 1800 additional seats.

The coach told me they were bringing in portable bleachers to hold about 1800 more. With an existing capacity of 2500 per Texas Bobs that should be a total of about 4300. Like Don said go early if you want a seat. SRO should mean the place will be rockin and a rollin. Remember, stadium seads dont work well on the concrete (visitor) side.

SixFan19":1x5xwzko said:
Gordon and Strawn are the home teams....

Hico is a smaller than normal sixman semifinal venue. I have heard that Gordon's previous semi games in Glen Rose they had somewhere around 5000 in attendance at least one if not both of those games. I am sure Strawn saw numbers like that there as well. I dont understand the games being 5 hours apart either. I know the state games are, but is it really needed? Even with a full first game, there could be quite a wait in between.

I only need two seats. I reckon if I get there by midnight Friday I should be able to claim'em.

As far as the 5 hours apart, not really. Starting at 2:00 the first game should last 2-2/12 hours, with a trophy presentation, congratulating players and coaches, the crowd, hitting the bathroom it could easily be close to 5:00 before all is said and done. If you want a seat/decent seat for game 2 you really should be in there1/2 hr to an hour before. So you might be looking at a couple of hours give or take between games. Personally I figure on a world famous locally raised beef grilled burger in the stands before the first game for lunch. Between games I'm bringing a couple folding chairs, some buns-mayo -(or musturd), and stoppin on the way for some sliced brisket (sodas/chips too). A mini tailgate/picnic. Wife will probably be playing games on her phone. If I played dominos I might bring a folding table. Thought about bringing a small grill & trying to cook but nahh (for me, knock yourself out). If there is time after that & I want to walk it off/stretch my legs I might walk the 2-3 blocks to the Coffee Cup Cafe for a piece of pie, and keep my parking space.

Back