Hico Announces Lineup for Ninth Annual Event

jimedferguson

11-man fan
Eight teams will compete in the 9th Annual Hico 6-Man Super Saturday. Included are Jonesboro, Ira, Strawn, Valley, Abbott, Gordon, Dallas Covenant and Walnut Springs.

This will be the first year a non UIL school (Dallas Covenant) has been asked to participate in the invitation-only annual event, which will take place the first weekend of the high school football season.

Also, there will be only four games instead of five for the first time in three years. Organizers of the event said a fifth game had become too demanding on the volunteers.

"We are very, very happy and excited with the teams that will be participating this year," said organizer Mike Ferguson. He added that the addition of Dallas Covenant also adds a bit of flavor to the event.

3D+Wall-Mounted+Sailfish.jpg

Sailfish ^
That's Funny

Good for Dallas Covenant,They have a great turf field right in the heart
of Dallas.You can see their field on 635,Nice looking field.

For some reason I thought Water Valley was going to be playing in Hico this year. I must have read or heard it somewhere because they had been going to McCamey. Anyone know anything about this or am I just imagining things?

No Throckmorton or Garden City this year, wonder were or who they will be playing week zero?
When will the schedule be released, would like to know who is playing who?

Well Mr. Jethro "The Village Idiot" Bodine, you say "R.S. bows out of HICO again".

How could they bow out when they never were in?

"Chickens out"? Not likely! I believe they have had a week zero game on their schedule every year.

By the way, Mr. Village Idiot, as you are showing to be a Milford supporter, and I doubt that they will claim you as one of theirs,

I don't see Milford named in the line-up either!

And Sailfish?

C. La Transviejo":15cf7o7f said:
Well Mr. Jethro "The Village Idiot" Bodine, you say "R.S. bows out of HICO again".

How could they bow out when they never were in?

"Chickens out"? Not likely! I believe they have had a week zero game on their schedule every year.

By the way, Mr. Village Idiot, as you are showing to be a Milford supporter, and I doubt that they will claim you as one of theirs,

I don't see Milford named in the line-up either!

And Sailfish?

RS can't get enough jumper cables rounded up in August to make it to Hico. Plus the only guy in town who knows how to use them is out in California picking onions.

Never!!!!

The loss of revenue would be too great. Each school loves the 3000 dollar gate. Plus, I would hate to see such a good rivalry played in such hot weather. (Fans get hot enough as is)

The rivalry is already hurt enough by being in different Divisions.

CowboyP":1s0b8awm said:
rainjacktx":1s0b8awm said:
In all seriousness though - is there any chance Gordon could play Strawn in Hico?

That matchup would certainly sell some tickets.
I would love to see that!
Yeah, I dont think so sparky! I would be awful upset to have to drive 52 miles to see our boys play a team that lives 8 miles from us.

hornkeeper12":g3jpz61u said:
CowboyP":g3jpz61u said:
rainjacktx":g3jpz61u said:
In all seriousness though - is there any chance Gordon could play Strawn in Hico?

Yeah, I dont think so sparky! I would be awful upset to have to drive 52 miles to see our boys play a team that lives 8 miles from us.
You're no fun.

hornkeeper12":10j33l0a said:
CowboyP":10j33l0a said:
rainjacktx":10j33l0a said:

LOL at having to travel all of 52 miles.

You do know you're going to have to drive a 52 whopping miles to See your team play in week 0 regardless, right? You are also aware that both Strawn and Gordon will be in Hico that particular Saturday, right?

I guess the public education system has finally won out. Common sense has died.

rainjacktx":1kheo9nu said:
hornkeeper12":1kheo9nu said:
CowboyP":1kheo9nu said:
rainjacktx":1kheo9nu said:

LOL at having to travel all of 52 miles.

You do know you're going to have to drive a 52 whopping miles to See your team play in week 0 regardless, right? You are also aware that both Strawn and Gordon will be in Hico that particular Saturday, right?

I guess the public education system has finally won out. Common sense has died.
Here is some common sense for ya!
1) Strawn and Gordon are gonna play each other anyway. Why would we want it to be at Hico?
2) Roughly 2500 people will come to the Strawn/Gordon game. Any idea how much money that brings in? Why would we want to give that to Hico?
3) We have the opportunity to drive 52 miles and play a town that is a couple hundred miles away. Why would we want to play a town that is less than 10?
4) It's a tradition thing, we play at Strawn one year, Gordon the next. Not interested in changing that.
5) If we played Strawn at Hico in week 0, that would mean playing someone else in week 4, that someone else, I guarantee, will be more than 8 miles away.

Back