Hico Announces Lineup for Ninth Annual Event

hornkeeper12":1g99mu2y said:
rainjacktx":1g99mu2y said:
hornkeeper12":1g99mu2y said:
CowboyP":1g99mu2y said:
rainjacktx":1g99mu2y said:
In all seriousness though - is there any chance Gordon could play Strawn in Hico?

That matchup would certainly sell some tickets.
I would love to see that!
Yeah, I dont think so sparky! I would be awful upset to have to drive 52 miles to see our boys play a team that lives 8 miles from us.

LOL at having to travel all of 52 miles.

You do know you're going to have to drive a 52 whopping miles to See your team play in week 0 regardless, right? You are also aware that both Strawn and Gordon will be in Hico that particular Saturday, right?

I guess the public education system has finally won out. Common sense has died.
Here is some common sense for ya!
1) Strawn and Gordon are gonna play each other anyway. Why would we want it to be at Hico?
2) Roughly 2500 people will come to the Strawn/Gordon game. Any idea how much money that brings in? Why would we want to give that to Hico?
3) We have the opportunity to drive 52 miles and play a town that is a couple hundred miles away. Why would we want to play a town that is less than 10?
4) It's a tradition thing, we play at Strawn one year, Gordon the next. Not interested in changing that.
5) If we played Strawn at Hico in week 0, that would mean playing someone else in week 4, that someone else, I guarantee, will be more than 8 miles away.
Wow! That makes perfect sense.

hornkeeper12":28lq9hgk said:
1) Strawn and Gordon are gonna play each other anyway. Why would we want it to be at Hico?
2) Roughly 2500 people will come to the Strawn/Gordon game. Any idea how much money that brings in? Why would we want to give that to Hico?
3) We have the opportunity to drive 52 miles and play a town that is a couple hundred miles away. Why would we want to play a town that is less than 10?
4) It's a tradition thing, we play at Strawn one year, Gordon the next. Not interested in changing that.
5) If we played Strawn at Hico in week 0, that would mean playing someone else in week 4, that someone else, I guarantee, will be more than 8 miles away.

Much better than your first attempt. But you borrowed a lot of facts from previous posters. No points for originality - which makes one wonder why you even made your first post.

rainjacktx":27gtewsd said:
hornkeeper12":27gtewsd said:

Much better than your first attempt. But you borrowed a lot of facts from previous posters. No points for originality - which makes one wonder why you even made your first post.
Thought it was pretty obvious, didn't know I had to spell it out for ya.

hornkeeper12":3f17geob said:

You sound like a teen-aged girl. Logical debate requires logic. You brought none to the table in your first post. Your second was nothing but copying and pasting others.

Keep trying kiddo.

rainjacktx":1d0dhofz said:
hornkeeper12":1d0dhofz said:

You sound like a teen-aged girl. Logical debate requires logic. You brought none to the table in your first post. Your second was nothing but copying and pasting others.

Keep trying kiddo.
I'm not trying to get into a debate of any kind. My first post was my opinion. My second was merely me stating facts that supported my opinion. You try to get me to argue with you by insulting me for stating my opinion. My facts are facts, whether someone else has already stated them or not. The person that stated one or two of those facts is someone I know and respect, and yes I "borrowed" that. That doesn't make it less true, nor does it make me incapable of originality. Have a great day sir.

hornkeeper12":1145is6j said:
I'm not trying to get into a debate of any kind. My first post was my opinion. My second was merely me stating facts that supported my opinion. You try to get me to argue with you by insulting me for stating my opinion. My facts are facts, whether someone else has already stated them or not. The person that stated one or two of those facts is someone I know and respect, and yes I "borrowed" that. That doesn't make it less true, nor does it make me incapable of originality. Have a great day sir.

Obviously, you are clueless as to what I am saying.

No one is disputing the facts. What I am disputing is that those facts "support" your original opinion.

This is a message board. If you weren't trying to get into a debate, then why single my post out in your "opinion"? Did you honestly think that you could quote me and not have me reply? if so, please refer my earlier statement about common sense.

You made some valid points regarding a game in Hico between Strawn and Gordon and IMO, begged, borrowed or stolen, his answer was one of the clearest, most concise posts on here in awhile.
Besides if all that info was already "out there" why did he have to pull it together for us? I hadn't picked up on all of it and it certainly helped me, but I will admit to being a little "slow".

olderelk":6tg10qa3 said:
You made some valid points regarding a game in Hico between Strawn and Gordon and IMO, begged, borrowed or stolen, his answer was one of the clearest, most concise posts on here in awhile.
Besides if all that info was already "out there" why did he have to pull it together for us? I hadn't picked up on all of it and it certainly helped me, but I will admit to being a little "slow".

No one said anything about the facts being bad, or that not having the Strawn-Gordon game in Hico was a bad idea.

The entirety of my position is that his original opinion is not what he defended. He didn't want to drive all of 52 miles to see a game played between neighbors. All of the facts he presented - whether his, or borrowed - are quite sound, IMO. But whining about a 52 mile drive when most folks in the West consider that very short drive is not the soundest position to take.

Just a for instance - Valley's going to drive 300-ish miles to play in Hico. Hearing some yocal complaining about driving 52 miles to watch a game that is usually played 8 miles away seems more than a little childish. In fact, there is no logical defense for such an opinion. Which is most likely why he completely avoided providing one.

But all that aside - my sources tell me that Valley has scheduled one of the participants at Hico for a week 4 game because there is not a team in the west with an open week 4 and the sack to play the Patriots.

Which means that we will have to travel to the east side of the state twice to complete a full schedule. Whining about 52 miles justifiably falls on deaf ears.

Let's see, rainjacktx wants us to apply logic when posting on a football discussion board.

Hmmmmm, Apply logic when posting about a game played by 15-18 year olds that pretty much dominates the lives and thoughts of a large sector of supposed adults.

You're asking that logic be applied in an illogical situation.

smokeyjoe53":1v8ynapr said:
Let's see, rainjacktx wants us to apply logic when posting on a football discussion board.

Hmmmmm, Apply logic when posting about a game played by 15-18 year olds that pretty much dominates the lives and thoughts of a large sector of supposed adults.

It's not the debate club, I grant you that - but neither is it the CT6MFL.

smokeyjoe53":1kc6tr97 said:

Thinking up illogical statements
is what pretty much dominates my life and thoughts.
jus sayin'.

rainjacktx":160d3sxe said:
hornkeeper12":160d3sxe said:

Obviously, you are clueless as to what I am saying.

No one is disputing the facts. What I am disputing is that those facts "support" your original opinion.

This is a message board. If you weren't trying to get into a debate, then why single my post out in your "opinion"? Did you honestly think that you could quote me and not have me reply? if so, please refer my earlier statement about common sense.
1) I didn't quote you, I quoted CowboyP, who quoted you.
2) Points 3 and 5 clearly supports why I wouldn't want to drive 52 miles to play Strawn. By the way, I didn't "borrow" either of those points.
3) 52 miles is a short distance to drive in west Texas is why I DON'T LIVE there, among other reasons.
4) Slamming me for my lack of originality means nothing coming from the guy who has been singing the "west is the best" song for the last 2 years. Not only is it getting tired, it is completely inaccurate.
5) I am positively certain that our boys have the "sack" to play Valley, but we wanted to play the best team there.
6) I would travel 520 miles to see my boys play Strawn or anybody else, but why drive further than necessary?

hornkeeper12":3umla243 said:
1) I didn't quote you, I quoted CowboyP, who quoted you.
My words showed up in your post. Don't want to get into hair splitting, but if you didn't want them in there, they would not have been included - ere go you quoted me. Facts are a trick little thing, huh?

2) Points 3 and 5 clearly supports why I wouldn't want to drive 52 miles to play Strawn. By the way, I didn't "borrow" either of those points.
More misunderstanding from the horned-child. They deflect your original opinion so that one might think they are supportive. It's called logical fallacy. You should read up on it.

3) 52 miles is a short distance to drive in west Texas is why I DON'T LIVE there, among other reasons.
The others include your dislike of getting your skirt blown up over your head. But I digress...

4) Slamming me for my lack of originality means nothing coming from the guy who has been singing the "west is the best" song for the last 2 years. Not only is it getting tired, it is completely inaccurate.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. Only throckmorton had the guts to play across the bracket barrier to play a top team last year - which is probably why they were the only east team in the top ten. But there again, those pesky facts keep getting in your way.

5) I am positively certain that our boys have the "sack" to play Valley, but we wanted to play the best team there.

Unless I am completely missing something, you have no clue who you are playing yet in Hico. Cruel irony it would be if the laughable longhorns were sent home at half by the Patriots.

6) I would travel 520 miles to see my boys play Strawn or anybody else, but why drive further than necessary?

And this has what to do with the price of tea in China?

Jethro Bodine":o71zmhef said:
R.S.Bows out of HICO Again,,
Americas sixman team chickens out again in hico..

Sailfish of theM... to bad ..

Go Milford

It's good to see things haven't changed much on the board. The names of some of the "members" change but their idiocy remains and their ignorance shines....

rainjacktx":8plh29wc said:
In all seriousness though - is there any chance Gordon could play Strawn in Hico?

That matchup would certainly sell some tickets.

Rainjack I know you love tormenting others on here but come on man at least fight fair haha out gunning someone with out guns isn't even fun to watch

WV Backer":3sq9wuk5 said:
For some reason I thought Water Valley was going to be playing in Hico this year. I must have read or heard it somewhere because they had been going to McCamey. Anyone know anything about this or am I just imagining things?
I thought it was obvious
why WV wasn't invited.

hicosupersix.com Posting this link primarily for the video link. I'll be there, come if you can.
The video seems to be a compilation, I've seen parts before but not other parts. One of the real gems is after you watch it (or you can scroll through it to get there but watch it if you never have). On the screen with nine videos the 1st one that says Texas Country Reporter about Blackwell playing with 7 players, then 6, then.........

Fudge! The link didn't work, google it.

Back