Happy vs WD

tdog5344":upi85yk8 said:
Give groom a year or two and they will be right back on top around here like they have always been!!!!!!

http://lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?T=67

1 year with more than 9 wins in the last 15 years hardly constitutes a dynasty. They had a pretty decent run 2009-2014 with a state runner-up in '14 to a MUCH better Throck team. The fields kid was really good but needed more pieces around him. Point being I would not consider them a perennial powerhouse.

tdog5344":32i4hi0e said:
Just wait you will see what's mclean or whitedeer done?? Exact nothing

Habla de ingles, hombre?
I think you're asking what have mclean and white deer done?
Not much either. A lot of smack talk among small fish in a small pond.

groom has went to state 2 times big whoop, did they ever win??? exactly, that was in the past lets worry about what is going on in the present @tdog

Tdog you must not know what your talking about saying that groom has always owned McLean... the all time series is 29-31 sounds to me like it's pretty even

Don't recall saying I was an expert. I do know what good teams look like though. I also know what schools I would consider to be powerhouses (groom and white deer are not among them). Some don't even have a championship (the Panhandle is weak in 6man talent, truth be told) look at how many championships we have north of Lubbock... To me to say "you're on top" you would have to compete for a championship year in and year out. To me the only one in the Panhandle I would say that does that is Valley(even though they have never won). Happy is working on it but isn't there (beating b.c. would go a long ways toward that) and Motley Co. is usually in the conversation admittedly not lately though. Follett at one time probably would have been in that conversation but not for a long while now.

Back