Greatest Frontman

I would have to choose a 67-69 Super Sport Camaro, preferably with a 396 Big Block. <P>A 1970 454 Corvette would be much better, especially if it were a red convertible. <P>How about you, Devil? Im guessing you'd choose a Challenger or a Roadrunner. You seem like a Mopar person to me for some reason.<p>[ November 10, 2006: Message edited by: TexasConfederate ]

wow...this whole board went nuts!! lol jk. I like Disturbed....but I like their intensity not their songwriting capabilites(sp?)...<P>and yes I do think that the Ying Yang Twins and Lil John and so on and so on have something to say...it just might not appeal to certain people and the WAY they get their "message" across is different. A lot of their songs have to do w/ *** and partying....but so do a lot of AC/DC songs...it's really just they way they put it out there...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Giving English lessons over the internet is ridiculous. I hope that English is your major. Nothing screams "look how intelligent I am everyone" like discussing subject/predicate arrangement on an internet message-board.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No, I'm not an English major. If you wouldn't have called me out, then I would have left it alone. I just could not ignore the irony of you calling me stupid while not being able to write in complete sentences.<P>I don't get the whole "it is a message board so I don't try to write well" thing. Does it really take that much effort?<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>You said that, although not a Korn fan, they must be of some musical value because they sold so many albums.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>So, they are of no musical value?<P>Who are you to say that?<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Would you agree that Britney Spears has incredible talent? Do the Ying-Yang Twins have something profound and musically beautiful to say?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No, I wouldn't. However, I'm okay with people listening to music that I'm not fond of. You call those people stupid.<P>I think you're upset because you are watching bands (with no talent) make it big. Meanwhile, your band (which obviously blows Staind, Blue October, Disturbed, and Korn out of the water) is stuck playing at night clubs once a month.<P>Get over yourself.<p>[ November 13, 2006: Message edited by: DiStUrBeD_oNe ]

I have no worries as to the success of my band. Whether we make it big or not, I have no regrets about playin the kind of music I like, regardless of where we wind up in the music world.<P>Im a very opinionated person when it comes to music. I absolutely hate the fact that bands with little to zero talent find some way to weasel into the mainstream, sell to stupid kids, and then talk about how they are the "greatest band in the world" (Fred Durst). What most irritates me is that while this is happening, bands that have significant talent, like Lynam or The Darkness, seem to struggle to stay in the limelight and keep selling albums. <P>What is your major, if it isn't English? Haven't you been at Hardin-Simmons forever? Are you in Grad School or are you just wasting a lot of money?

You say we only play "a nightclub once a month"? Our album art/pictures will be complete in January, and we are booked solid throughout the spring. Maybe if I started writing songs whining about how tough it was growing up in a middle-class home in America like Kurt Cobain or being a wannabe hard-*** like Fred Durst or David Draiman then we would be massively successful.<P>I just can't do that though.

I don't know anything about your band or the kind of music you play. I don't get why you care how popular today's bands are. If you don't want to sound whiny, then stop complaining about how other bands have made it and do your own thing. Your schtick is getting old. <P>I'm in my 5th year at HSU. I am an Exercise Science major. I'll start grad school in the spring. I'm sure that I could've finished my BBS faster than I have, but I enjoyed my undergrad years.<p>[ November 13, 2006: Message edited by: DiStUrBeD_oNe ]

Thats a ton of money to spend on an undergraduate degree. I managed two semesters there and decided that it really wasn't worth the money. I ended up at Angelo State (seems that nobody GOES to Angelo, its somewhere that people just end up, haha) and had a ton of fun. <P>I'd like to get some shows in Abilene, but I dont know squat about the clubs up there or if anyone goes anywhere besides bible study in that town. <P>And as for my schtick getting old, if you dont like it, why respond? You obviously aren't changing your opinions and neither am I. <P>BTW, ya'll had nice facilities at Jayton when we came to play there in '99, really nice.

Back