Greatest Frontman

I hate Korn too. I would have to put them and Limp Bizkit into the column of "worst bands of the past ten years". Along with Blue October, Disturbed, Staind, and all the other whiney, upper-middle-class crybaby bands out there right now.<P>Just a little over a week till Motley Crue and Aerosmith in San Antonio. Counting down.

It's not just Davis...it's Korn in general. They've got, what...4 or 5 albums out and like one good song. I like a lot of "nu-metal" bands because of their energy...but I'll be the first to admit that they nearly killed rock.<P>oh yeah...how about Paul Rogers from Bad Company?? Did anybody know he was singing for Queen now? it's some cool stuff.

I know the topic said frontman,but don't ream me for being politically correct. :D My pick would have to be Janis. Now since I know how to play fair, I will pick Ozzy for the male. :cool:

Paul Rogers was referred to by many critics as "the voice" during his years with Free and Bad Company. Amazing, soulful voice. <P>I think Ill start a new topic.<P>And Korn, along with all "nu-metal" (stupid category name) is HORRIBLE. Limp Bizkit loses myspace friends daily simply because people are starting to be embarrassed they ever listened to it.

How did Korn NOT nearly kill rock?? They started the whole "not playing solos" and Dark Depressing Rock...I think Rock should be up-lifting and energitic. Granted some of Sabbath is "dark" I never felt like Ozzy wanted to kill himself or anything...and they spawned a whole generation of kids who think that they can bash out a few Drop-D barre cords and downtune till it sounds like a bass and still be "good" at guitar. They **** at guitar because they listen to bands that **** at guitar...that's my problem w/ them.

How can you explain Korn's popularity, if they're so bad?<P>I'm not a fan, but how have they made the millions of dollars that they have by playing bad music.

I know he isn't one of the best frontmen ever, but Jacoby Shaddix put on a great show the handful of times I've seen him live.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR> The same reason Britney Spears has sold millions of albums. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR> Including fans of Disturbed. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Neither of those are complete sentences.<P>Does being able to write a complete sentence on only 1/3 of your tries make you intelligent?<P>I really wouldn't know. <P>Evidently, I'm stupid.<p>[ November 09, 2006: Message edited by: DiStUrBeD_oNe ]

I have to admit I was one of those Limp Bizkit fans. I use to love them so much in high school. They still do have some good songs, but mainly ones that weren't on the radio. If it was on the radio it is pretty much terrible.

easy easy easy....no need to get gripey... but yeah... Jacoby is amazing, never seen him live personally but friends have...and I've seen him on live DVD's.... and I'm sorry but yes...old Disturbed does get lumped into the group w/ Korn...NEW Disturbed is a LOT better though.

Are you still at Hardin-Simmons, Disturbed-Jayton-Boy? I could think circles around you, son. I do not think that it is completely necessary to speak perfect English on a football message-board. <P>I see that I got to you with the Disturbed comment. I haven't met one Disturbed fan that wasn't a skinny little sissy. One day even you will be embarrassed that during your adolescence and early adulthood you turned to Nu-Metal like Disturbed to fill the "rock gap" that we all feel in our souls.<P>Thanks for the English lesson, buddy.<p>[ November 09, 2006: Message edited by: TexasConfederate ]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR> Are you still at Hardin-Simmons, Disturbed-Jayton-Boy? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes, I'm still at Hardin-Simmons.<P>Sorry, I don't know your college or hometown.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR> I could think circles around you, son. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>What makes you so confident? That is a pretty bold statement considering you don't know me and have trouble with sentence composition. What, did you sleep through 5th grade? <P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR> I do not think that it is completely necessary to speak perfect English on a football message-board. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I normally don't either, but it's probably a good idea to write intelligently when calling someone stupid. <P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>I see that I got to you with the Disturbed comment. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes, 4 years ago when I created this account, I was fan of Disturbed. However, it does not offend me that you don't like them. I don't even listen to them anymore. Being called stupid is what got me. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>I haven't met one Disturbed fan that wasn't a skinny little sissy. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>We haven't met.<P>Although, I don't really see how that pertains to what we're talking about.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR> One day even you will be embarrassed that during your adolescence and early adulthood you turned to Nu-Metal like Disturbed to fill the "rock gap" that we all feel in our souls.<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I really doubt it. I pray that I never lead a life where I am embarassed at the music I listened to when I was a highschooler. I guess there are just more important things to me. I hope there are more important things to you. <P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR> Thanks for the English lesson, buddy.<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You're welcome, buddy.<p>[ November 10, 2006: Message edited by: DiStUrBeD_oNe ]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR> I could think circles around you, <B>son.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <P>Seriously?<P>I can't believe I nearly missed this little gem. <P>So, you're older than me?<P>Congratulations.

Im glad to see you don't listen to them anymore. I absolutely detest that band.<P>Giving English lessons over the internet is ridiculous. I hope that English is your major. Nothing screams "look how intelligent I am everyone" like discussing subject/predicate arrangement on an internet message-board. <P>Lets return to the statement that began this whole discussion. You said that, although not a Korn fan, they must be of some musical value because they sold so many albums. Would you agree that Britney Spears has incredible talent? Do the Ying-Yang Twins have something profound and musically beautiful to say?<P>Marketing to stupid people, particularly adolescents with entirely too much money, sells albums. Making sure ClearChannel plays your artist's new single and MTV shuffles it into TRL almost guarantees a platinum album. I've discovered over the past few years that there are enough sheep in this world to keep all the "MTV made" artists rich for years.

Back