Gorman vs Oakwood

Cougarfan13

Six-man fan
Saturday night I heard all this commotion outside , so I went out on the porch to see, and Mount Calm's field was lit up at around 7:30 or so, and the band was really rockin! I thought they were supposed to play at 1PM ?
You dont hear sixman bands over this way very often, but they had the whole of Mount Calm in an uproar! They were really good and loud. (Gorman I guess) then I checked out that score... should have gone to the game!

Coach Satcher was a gracious host last night. You're welcome for the free night of scouting. His John Madden skills need a bit of refining but none the less it was a great atmosphere. I hadn't heard a band in the stands in quite a few years. Forgot how much I missed it. Thanks to Gorman for letting us score and keep the game interesting. Even though we came up on the shirt end of a 126-89 loss, I think our boys learned a bit on how to deal with adversity being our lone starting senior and team leader decided to be a no show fir the bus ride over. Guess he had more important things to do and not tell us all week he wasn't going to be there but at a family reunion. All that aside...i think my boys responded quite well since I had to game plan on a white board. Good luck to Gorman. Yall will do terrific and you have a class act head coach.

Texman301":1dyaupr3 said:
being our lone starting senior and team leader decided to be a no show fir the bus ride over. Guess he had more important things to do and not tell us all week he wasn't going to be there but at a family reunion.

I know we aren't in the best place to judge punishment or character building, but I read on here all the time that coaches say how tough they are on character and team building. I don't envy the position you are in, but know, from your posts, you're someone who makes efforts to build young men. Can't imagine a kid just bolting on his team and the message that sends to the underclassman. Good luck.

Man I tried my best to be professional on the microphone, but when they threw a flag on seven consecutive plays, we became very restless. It was a great game and enjoyed it immensely. Best of luck to both schools and thank you for choosing Mount Calm as your neutral site. We enjoyed having you.

Back