Games of the Week

Battle for 2nd place in D1 District 14. Eden @ Irion County. I missed this until now. Thought maybe these teams deserve a spot in this games of the week category. Good luck to both squads. I have a feeling it may be a good fight by each to extend their season.

The Super Bowl of Sixman is back again. Throw out the rankings, throw out the spread. Anything can happen. Eleven miles apart, raised on the rivalry. Covered by the Fort Worth Star Telegram back in the day. The crowds that made me think wow for sixman towns when I first attended these games in the 90's. Several classics. Just about always the last district game, opening weekend of deer season. Lot's of camo/hunters/ metromess fans, all welcome. Watch it here tomorrow night.

https://www.microplexnews.com/broadcasts/strawnfootball-3/
Strawn by a lot!

The Super Bowl of Sixman is back again. Throw out the rankings, throw out the spread. Anything can happen. Eleven miles apart, raised on the rivalry. Covered by the Fort Worth Star Telegram back in the day. The crowds that made me think wow for sixman towns when I first attended these games in the 90's. Several classics. Just about always the last district game, opening weekend of deer season. Lot's of camo/hunters/ metromess fans, all welcome. Watch it here tomorrow night.

https://www.microplexnews.com/broadcasts/strawnfootball-3/
Bump. The capacity at Longhorn stadium is 1400 per Texas Bobs. I've seen it packed with the fences lined to the west for a good ways, groups standing behind them, young kids playing ball behind them. People in cars and trucks around the west end. Between Coaches, players, the press box, concessionaires and zebras maybe 1800, closing in on 2000? At a sixman district game.

Kids a freak. I’m impressed with his speed but I’m even more impressed with his lateral quickness and his ability to go N S E W each all within an instant of each other and his situational awareness when he’s near line of scrimmage and also the sidelines. The entire video broadcast of tonight’s game on Microplex News is a highlight reel.

For the last 3 weeks the coward longhorns have been talking about getting cheap shots on the Rigdon brothers. Grayson scored more touchdowns than the number of times he was tackled.
If they would have spent more time with their game prep instead of personal foul penalties they might have lasted the whole game. But what else do you expect from our little brother.

Back