Gainesville Lonestar North

Cisnerostime

11-man fan
I know not many people know about this Juvenile correction school but I seen them Play Milford this year and I was really surprised on how respectful they were, and not to mention they’re a pretty good team, they’ll be playing the Tapps D1 State championship game Thursday Dec 6th @ Waco Midway. How awesome would it be for those guys to win a state championship? Could be a huge turning point in many lives on that team.

Real Committed Coaches spend all those many, often thankless hours to try and make a difference in kids lives. Having said that, all too often, for whatever reason, parents don’t show up to cheer them on. I know that in the case of the kids from the state school their parents simply are not able to follow them as they would like, so the kids don’t have much of a cheering section.
So I want to issue a challenge to all six man coaches in the Waco area. We are a little over two hours away from Waco. I’m going to load up our bus with as many of our players that want to go and travel to the game and cheer for the kids from Gainesville.
Anybody willing to commit and join us?

About 10 or 15 years ago, ESPN ran a great series on the season of Giddings State School (Now Lonestar South).

Team was doing well in the crowded field TAPPS playoff and the series was pretty good. I remember that their star quarterback was released from detention (his time was completed) about a week before the semi-final game and the TDJC rules would not allow him to play in that game.

Congratulations to all these young men and their coaches. May this opportunity lead to better options for these young men and continued blessings to them and their coaches.

freeagent":2y9nzuf3 said:
About 10 or 15 years ago, ESPN ran a great series on the season of Giddings State School (Now Lonestar South).

Team was doing well in the crowded field TAPPS playoff and the series was pretty good. I remember that their star quarterback was released from detention (his time was completed) about a week before the semi-final game and the TDJC rules would not allow him to play in that game.

Congratulations to all these young men and their coaches. May this opportunity lead to better options for these young men and continued blessings to them and their coaches.

Seems to me it would be a serious blow to those who are released. Football is a different sport where you bond and battle with you brothers and to not be able to finish something they started after going through the road many of them have been down just seems extremely unfair. Someone Should take a hard look at this...

It's been awhile since I saw the show and the Coach over at Giddings would know the full story, but this is how my feeble mind remembers it.

Let's first remember that this is a prison, and prison rules trump any football rules. If I remember right, the only opportunity for you as a resident to participate in sports is that you have already served a signficant part of your sentence, keep your grades up, and are not a discipline problem elsewhere in the facility. Miss any one of those, you're off the team.

In the case of this young man, and every resident of the facility, there is a release date. It may coincide with their birthdate (and I believe some of these residents take up lodging at adult facilities depending on their crime), or another date set by the courts. This young man had a date just prior to the semifinals game for release. Of course, release is subject to a couple conditions, like don't come back here and don't associate with prisoners or ex-cons, or something like that.

It just happened that his release date was during the week of that game.

FCSA football":2c963jxu said:
Real Committed Coaches spend all those many, often thankless hours to try and make a difference in kids lives. Having said that, all too often, for whatever reason, parents don’t show up to cheer them on. I know that in the case of the kids from the state school their parents simply are not able to follow them as they would like, so the kids don’t have much of a cheering section.
So I want to issue a challenge to all six man coaches in the Waco area. We are a little over two hours away from Waco. I’m going to load up our bus with as many of our players that want to go and travel to the game and cheer for the kids from Gainesville.

I'll be at all three games. Not sure if I'll be going as credentialed media or just a fan. If just a fan, I'll be sitting on the home side as there is some rain shelter on the home side and it looks like there's a strong chance of rain. Do we know which team is the designated home team?

Whatever is “teed up” let me quote a line from a Beatles song:
“Let it be, Let it be, Let it be, Let it be”, these are kids we are talking about so “Let it be”
Sorry I ad libed a little bit there but I think you get the message. They are ALL KIDS, lets cheer them ALL on and leave everything else outside the stadium ok? Just for one game?

Thanks..........

txhsfb":g23fnod6 said:
FCSA football":g23fnod6 said:

I'll be at all three games. Not sure if I'll be going as credentialed media or just a fan. If just a fan, I'll be sitting on the home side as there is some rain shelter on the home side and it looks like there's a strong chance of rain. Do we know which team is the designated home team?
Veritas Academy Austin is home

FCSA football":2clftmnj said:
Whatever is “teed up” let me quote a line from a Beatles song:
“Let it be, Let it be, Let it be, Let it be”, these are kids we are talking about so “Let it be”
Sorry I ad libed a little bit there but I think you get the message. They are ALL KIDS, lets cheer them ALL on and leave everything else outside the stadium ok? Just for one game?

Thanks..........
Are you a moderator now?

Back