Freshman Rigdon at Strawn

Don't count out Oglesby
Have of lot athletic kids
With your schedule it looks entirely likely you go through the regular season undefeated and maybe win a first round playoff game. Probably the best season Oglesby has had in many years. I love the school spirit. Oglesby cannot compete with Strawn. Not trying to rain on your parade, just stating facts.

We had 4 turnovers and Lost #20. Strawn is good and So is that freshman. Best Freshman I've seen, Possibly ever. Hats off to Strawn and they couldn't stop our #4 5 TDs. Strawn will play for State against Motley County. Mark my words. As long as everyone stays healthy! Congratulations to Strawn.
Strawn forced those 4 turnovers.
It was a great game!! One or two plays go differently and it could have been a different outcome. Strawn scored 9 touchdowns and Westbrook scored 8. Extra points are crucial in these close games.

Don't count out Oglesby
Have of lot athletic kids
Reviewing Oglesby's schedule this season they have beaten Ranger and Morgan among their UIL opponents, both appear to be in the building phase of their respective programs. Oglesby has not seen any real competition and those private schools Oglesby has played are difficult to judge their competitive value even with the ranking system. Otherwise Strawn would love a playoff match up with Oglesby. Strawn has never beaten Oglesby in the five previous meetings dating back to the 1960s and early 1970s.

You must be watching some other school than Strawn play? Most of their players do good to weigh 160 lbs soaking wet. I heard that Throckmorton had some big players but Strawn is very average in size. I reviewed the Strawn roster and sure enough several players are listed at 200 lbs or better. Someone took a very liberal look at the team scales.
Since you were at the game did you realize that Strawn's players may weigh more than you originally thought?

Just wanted to mention that without those four Hail Mary passes being completed by Strawn throughout the course of the game, Westbrook wins this game going away. There were two in the first half(one as time expired at the end of the half) and two in the second. Even with the two interceptions Strawn had in the first half, Strawn was having problems running(or passing) the ball. The Hail Mary passes certainly bailed them out, again. I think Strawn needs to work on a short passing game which would keep drives alive better than relying on a long pass and a prayer.

Since you were at the game did you realize that Strawn's players may weigh more than you originally thought?
No they do not look like the weights assigned to them in the program. Someone must have been standing on the scales with them or put rocks in their pocket. Anyone weighing 180 lbs must be listed as weighing 200 lbs. I have seen those inflated weights in previous years too. Speed and agility are better gauges of playing ability anyhow.

No they do not look like the weights assigned to them in the program. Someone must have been standing on the scales with them or put rocks in their pocket. Anyone weighing 180 lbs must be listed as weighing 200 lbs. I have seen those inflated weights in previous years too. Speed and agility are better gauges of playing ability anyhow.
Ur such a hater

Last edited:
Just wanted to mention that without those four Hail Mary passes being completed by Strawn throughout the course of the game, Westbrook wins this game going away. There were two in the first half(one as time expired at the end of the half) and two in the second. Even with the two interceptions Strawn had in the first half, Strawn was having problems running(or passing) the ball. The Hail Mary passes certainly bailed them out, again. I think Strawn needs to work on a short passing game which would keep drives alive better than relying on a long pass and a prayer.
You know nothing about football…strawn didn’t throw a single “Hail Mary” they they threw 2 passes 40 yards down the field with 1on1 coverage that our receiver went up and TOOK over the defender. Stop being a keyboard warrior lmao hater

Two really good teams going at it last night. Very impressed with both teams. Second half fatigue seemed to start showing. Penalties and turnovers. These things tend to happen when the best play the best during the regular season. Both teams will get better from this experience.

With your schedule it looks entirely likely you go through the regular season undefeated and maybe win a first round playoff game. Probably the best season Oglesby has had in many years. I love the school spirit. Oglesby cannot compete with Strawn. Not trying to rain on your parade, just stating facts.
Love ur comments
Oglesby has two exceptional spread backs that will take them to area if all stays healthy
That goes for any team if healthy at the end

Possibly Hamstring, Hopefully he gets some rest between now and Sterling city...I don't care about the Garden city game. I want all of out players healthy for District

This years Strawn team has a lot of Size, most definitely has a few kids weighing in at 200 pounds. Strawn is one of the few teams in the state that can actually carry the weight because they’re kids are so battle tested and in shape. Congrats to the Greyhounds wouldn’t be suprised to see them in Dallas come December.

Rigdon from strawn is the best player in 6 man. It’s not even close
I don't know man, there's a kid at Saint Jo with 4.5 speed and lateral movement like no one I've ever seen. He can be full speed and change directions without slowing down. His field vision is just as impressive. He also brings it on defense. I wish there was a database of sixman videos available to the public so we could all watch any game we wanted, that way you all could see what I am talking about. Vice versa, I would like to see the Rigdon kid. I imagine he is a lot like Brawner.

I don't know man, there's a kid at Saint Jo with 4.5 speed and lateral movement like no one I've ever seen. He can be full speed and change directions without slowing down. His field vision is just as impressive. He also brings it on defense. I wish there was a database of sixman videos available to the public so we could all watch any game we wanted, that way you all could see what I am talking about. Vice versa, I would like to see the Rigdon kid. I imagine he is a lot like Brawner.
Way to go Phimutau. You brought up Saint Jo and shut the hole tread down. Lol

Jake Richards gained 4081 yards in 2019. A State Record. In all classifications, not just Six Man. As a sophomore. An accomplishment not adequately acknowledged.
He's primarily a running back.
Grayson Rigdon is a spreadback. He has outstanding potential but will never surpass Richards single season rushing record. He's made some outstanding plays both rushing and passing, especially for a freshman. But it's still hard to compare him to TE at this point. Coaches Lee and Burkhart would be best qualified for that.

Ya I wish there was a YouTube channel dedicated to 6 man.

Back