Fredricksburg vs Duncanville - who's the winner?

Who's the winner? Fredricksburg or Duncanville?

• Duncanville Christway

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • Fredericksburg Heritage

Votes: 17 45.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well what happened is i (the qb) was injured the week before with a severe high ankle sprain, so i was not %100. and during pregame warm ups our starting TE was injured and was done for the day.

To Sir Coach, I will not respond to what you have said about me as God knows my heart and actions and will hold me accountable for them. Yet, I will say something about my boys. They are not perfect and they are a handful at times but I love them and God for some reason has put me in their life to hold their hearts for the little time I have with them to teach and mentor the best way I know how. I have seen great steps forward in these young men, but they are not complete in their journey. But they continue on putting their lives out there for everyone to see. Do they stumble? Yes. But they are very genuine in who they are which is something I can't say about you. You sir or madam are a coward! Taking pot shots at these young men behind a masked name, not knowing the full circumstances of which you speak. I am saddened by this because instead of being able to tell Fredericksburg what a great game they played and how much I admire coach Shipman and his young men I find myself having to rebuke a coward who chooses to attack a group of young men that have done nothing to you.

To everyone who wants to know what happened tonight we got beat by the best team in the State. I was outcoached by the best coach in Div. II. If we would have had our full sqad I don't know if it would have mattered tonight. Freddy was that good all the way around. They showed us what level you need to be at to be a champion.

To the boys at Christway I do not want any of you to post to this message. If Sir Coach wants to follow Matthew 18 and meet me to discuss their problems they have with our school I would be more than happy to meet. But I assume that like all cowards, confrontation is not what they want.

I apologize to the sixman community that on a night when we crowned two deserving champions that our board was littered with this nonsense. Coach O'Connor

DukeFan09":20zpxtpb said:
Well allow me to make some noise. Koby Burns is too fast. I understand that Freddy like always is playing great and should be placed high in the stratosphere in terms of DII football, but this kid is incredible. Christway will have trouble stopping Freddy and their powerhouse offense, but the way that Christway is moving the ball right now, the Eagles should find themselves with the same fate. Look for Senior leader Brian Lynn to keep Christway close, and for Burns to break a few at the end of the game to put the boys from D-ville on top.
and to think that Heritage was able to stop #3 in so many ways and there was never an opprotunity for Christway to get the chance to kick...

That in no way takes away from Koby's ability to play. He is clearly a very talented player. I think we have proven over and over again this year that we, too, have many very talented players on our team. I hope they will now get due respect.

Heritage was very pumped up for this game and I think they amazed even themselves! :mrgreen:

Congratulations, Heritage Eagles!!!!!!!!

And congratulations, Thomas, on your MVP award. I am very proud of you, son!

Congratulations to all of the young men who competed in state championship games tonight. With a win comes lessons and with a loss comes lessons. Coach O'Connor it was an honor to coach against a Christ like classy coach as yourself. Your staff, your school, your players and fans are all top notch. May we all band together as one team to glorify Christ and be used by Him to continue to mold young men and women into great servants of the Lord.

Always remember no ones self worth is found in a scoreboard whether you are on the winning side or losing side.

Tim Shipman

I know that Christway has a good team, but Fredrickburg's team last night was incredible. Their offense was efficient and only had two mistakes (one fumble they recovered and one interception in the end zone). They were fast, the blocks were crisp and they were and are the superior team.

I do think that with our QB on one leg (he hopped out to the huddle) we lost a lot of the offensive power that got us to this point. There are a lot of plays that were taken out of the playbook after that. But as good as Freddy was, I don't think it would have changed the outcome. They were hitting on all cylinders last night.

Congrats to the Eagles, #7 (the MVP) and Eagle #7's Mom.

Holy cow, 46-0? What happened here? Who can break it down?

the answer in my opinoin is simple defence, my son moved to wf. nd. from a 3-a public.
this year and until we played freddy in the playoffs i had not seen a team in tapps with that much depht and tallent from top to bottom they took the field against us with 22 kidds im not shur but i dont think anyone played both ways.

that alone makes a huge diffrence.

they were also very well coached

Hey ChokeALot

So you joined the community a day ago just to fire a few sniper shots at Coach O'Conner and his team? There are a lot more of us here who know the man and none of your comments, insinuations or libelous barbs will change the view we have of him. We know he is a good man with a Christian heart and just because YOU don't understand his ways of ministering to the players or to the other students at Christway is no reason to attack him.

I know that Coach O'Conner made a major difference in my son's life, helping him to get through a very hard time by listening and ministering in the way that my son needed to hear. I can't thank him enough for that and will always be a loyal supporter.

I am sorry to be taking away from a forum that should be congratulating the Heritage Eagles on their dominating state championship win and the Christway Chapparrals over their great season. To all the legitimate posters, please accept my apologies.

To SirChokeALot, may God find a way to heal your heart and your spirit.

You that know me are probably in wonder that I would ever post to a football site. I've coached for 36 years now, mostly girls volleyball and basketball. Coach OConnor is a long time friend and I respect his abilities as a coach who actually cares about his kids, on and off the field. We've talked many hours about the right way to handle different situations with kids and we don't always agree. I do know for certain though that his heart is ALWAYS in the right place as far as children are concerned. We've had situations like this in the past and I've alays told him, " If they won't sign their name, it doesn't count". Coach has always had my support and always will. Thanks for your time football people. Coach Dick Lauer Christway Academy Girls Coach.

DUNCANVILLE IS NUMBER ONE IN DIVISION II. IN THE BIG PICTURE WITH VOLLYBALL, FOOTBALL.
It take all year to get to number one look at all sports. Look at the big picture!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigred507":2ct1kmy4 said:
DUNCANVILLE IS NUMBER ONE IN DIVISION II. IN THE BIG PICTURE WITH VOLLYBALL, FOOTBALL.
It take all year to get to number one look at all sports. Look at the big picture!!!!!!!!!!!!

That made absolutely no sense, bigred.

Back