Freddy vs Weatherford

runsdeep85

11-man fan
Not a lot of talk (if any) on here about Weatherford. I think this will be a great game. Both coaches have done a great job with their boys, both seemed very disciplined. Weatherford is marked as 45 point underdog,will this be an upset or blow out?

Freddy will roll as the state championship was played Friday night in San Antonio between CP and Freddy.

Oh and the classless fool that went on CP's facebook page from Baytown and tried to trash us last week. Dude you got your ass kicked and trust me with our returning class you will next year as well!!

-War Eagle!!!

This would be #7 for Coach Shipman and the crew at Heritage, right? I think he won 6 (last one may have been 2011) before losing two ... both to teams from his district (Lifegate 2012 and Castle Hills 2013). Been awhile since he's been there, but I think he knows the drill.

WarEagle":2chfqim1 said:
Freddy will roll as the state championship was played Friday night in San Antonio between CP and Freddy.

Oh and the classless fool that went on CP's facebook page from Baytown and tried to trash us last week. Dude you got your ass kicked and trust me with our returning class you will next year as well!!

-War Eagle!!!

Really? You do realize Weatherford was the State Semifinalist last year and made an impressive showing. Freddy is a great school too but to completely discredit the work both of these schools and players have accomplished is pretty ignorant. I get it, you’re upset over your loss but both of the teams have earned their place.

Check out Parker County Football, ever heard of Aledo Bearcats, Brock Eagles, these are the kid’s Weatherford’s boys have grown up with playing sports their entire lives. Weatherford took the State title in TAPPS baseball their FIRST YEAR with a team of freshman, so to think that same athleticism would fall short on all fronts would basically mean your head is stuck in the sand or up somewhere else.

Both teams have worked hard to be here. Regardless of the current rankings which is still a mystery to me to figure that out.

justadad":3gknihj4 said:
Last win in ‘14. Close semifinal loss to Baytown in’16.

I stand corrected. After 2013 or so, I wasn't as involved with the sport. So it's 7-2. I expect it will be 8-2 after next weekend's finals.

runsdeep85":2qnyriu1 said:
WarEagle":2qnyriu1 said:

-War Eagle!!!

Really? You do realize Weatherford was the State Semifinalist last year and made an impressive showing. Freddy is a great school too but to completely discredit the work both of these schools and players have accomplished is pretty ignorant. I get it, you’re upset over your loss but both of the teams have earned their place.

Check out Parker County Football, ever heard of Aledo Bearcats, Brock Eagles, these are the kid’s Weatherford’s boys have grown up with playing sports their entire lives. Weatherford took the State title in TAPPS baseball their FIRST YEAR with a team of freshman, so to think that same athleticism would fall short on all fronts would basically mean your head is stuck in the sand or up somewhere else.

Both teams have worked hard to be here. Regardless of the current rankings which is still a mystery to me to figure that out.

As Jim Rome would say that was a decent take with a little smack mixed in, so good job rookie...

That said yes I am very well aware that Weatherford gave Baytown a fight last year on a cold rainy night in Waco. That said Freddy still rolls in this one!!

-War Eagle!!

Think this is a fairly simple pick. Weatheford has a very good team however Fredericksburg is a powerhouse. The only thing they lack is numbers. That being said they usually coach their boys up and build depth with the numbers they have. Taking Fredericksburg by 45 as I believe Weatheford will do what they have to do to try and grind it out but will end up having to go to the air playing from behind. Good luck and praying for safe travels for both teams.

Looks like it’s 26-24 Weatherford up with 4 min left in the 3rd quarter from the tapps football Twitter.

EDIT:
Freddy up 30-26 at the end of the 3rd

Freddy up 38-26, don’t have the time

Freddy scores again 46-26, 5:22 min left in the game

Freddy wins 46-26

Freddy wins their 7th state championship 46-26! Looks like the game had a low scoring defensive 1st half followed by some Freddy halftime adjustments for 38 points in the 2nd half. Anyone at the game have more info on what happened?

Props to Weatherford! Classy bunch who really came out swinging. They executed much better than Freddy in the first half, and early in 3Q. Freddy made some adjustments, settled down, and played solid ground and pound football in the 2nd half. 20+ mph wind coming through the south end zone was also a factor for both.
Both teams fought hard. Very exciting game to watch! I would definitely look for both teams to make deep playoff runs again next year!

Classy program at Freddy!!!! Great team with top
Of the line coach!!!! Congrats to them on the championship, honored to share the field with them!!!!

Thank you Coach Cox. It was an honor to share the field with you, your staff and players. You have a tremendous program. Your team played with class and heart.
Folks there was one point in the game when a Freddy player went down and CoachCox was one of the first people out there. By the time I got out there Coach Cox had already introduced himself and was helping him. Your a genuine coach who simply cares about all kids. Thank you for changing kids lives through the game of football.

Coach Shipman.

Back