D3 State Final: Baytown Christian vs Weatherford Christian

From what I can gather from player clips, WC is a power running team. They have a stout-built running back that has rushed for alot of yards and TDs.
Looking at scores and stats from the Weatherford Democrat and MaxPreps, they rely on scoring alot of points with that power running offense. Their coaches comments before the Faustina semifinal he mentioned how "spread backs and speed" gave his defense fits. Reading that Wednesday my thoughts were the winner of the Baytown/Summit game is gonna give you plenty of fits as both teams are spread teams and plenty of speed skill players.

I expect Weatherford to try to ground the ball on a visibly smaller Baytown team. On defense they have the decision of Rushing 2 to 3 rushers to get the ball out of Washington's hands quickly and having less defenders in the field to contain the receiver after catch or drop back 5 and give him time to find open receivers.

This should be a interesting matchup. Weatherford has a very solid ground game and have scored tons of points. Average opponent ranking of 453 as baytown sits at 436. Figure the spread may be baytown by 24 however I think baytown takes this by 35 but may finish them in the 4th quarter

Back