Freddy vs Spring Branch

THEQB

Six-man fan
Both teams 2-0 and this game is for the district title. I don't think anyone picked SB to be the team to make some noise in district 5 this year. Freddy was the obvious favorite followed by Bracken however Bracken either has some injuries or just ran out of steam. SB has a super quick spread back and could create some issues for Freddy with the speed he has, however Freddy has a very complex offense and a excellent staff. Could be an interesting game or a Freddy blowout if the can manage to contain the spread back.
Freddy by 8
Thoughts fellas?

SicEm74":2bbm189i said:
I've heard good things about both teams. I'll have to do some online search for clips.

Look under Max preps. May have to do some digging but you can get a good idea about any team by looking at clips

Last weeks big game was baytown vs Conroe.
This spring branch vs Freddy game is a very good matchup.
I can't believe this games not getting any spotlight on the forum.
Anyone have any take on this game?

This will be a great game and and I may be able to make it tonight. Will definitely be the game of the week in my book for Div 2. Should be a good measuring stick for Baytown, seeing that they dismantled Conroe last week. Freddy should see Baytown in the second round. Whoever wins is the D3 champ. Everyone else is on a wing and a prayer,,,

THEQB":3vg2ceem said:
Both teams 2-0 and this game is for the district title. I don't think anyone picked SB to be the team to make some noise in district 5 this year. Freddy was the obvious favorite followed by Bracken however Bracken either has some injuries or just ran out of steam. SB has a super quick spread back and could create some issues for Freddy with the speed he has, however Freddy has a very complex offense and a excellent staff. Could be an interesting game or a Freddy blowout if the can manage to contain the spread back.
Freddy by 8
Thoughts fellas?

I always thought they could make some noise. Coach Tarbutton is a phenomenal coach and an even better man. Enjoyed coaching with him at Brenham Christian back in the day. Shipman is awesome as always, so this should be a barnburner!

Freddy 48-0 early in the 3rd.
SBLR team that has been scoring 60-70 points a week was held to 60ish yards of total offense!
Coaches Shipman and Turner again put together a great game plan that was well-executed by their boys.

Sounds like freddys defense this year is pretty salty.. they have their work cut out for them, for I think they now will play Baytown two weeks from now. SBLR will have to face seguin.. which I think the outcome of that game will be the same as this Freddy game. Nothing against Baytown, but I would rather play them [baytown] 10/10 times over playing seguin.
Again, I'm 100% certain that Baytown's coaching staff is excellent, and they have those core values that push their young men to be beyond excellent (which they have shown the past years)

Shortaround it sounds like Seguin scares you. Since you played for Freddy I guess that makes since. I do think Seguin is playing great football and should scare most teams - it's the playoffs. Win or go home- Freddy should be just as worried about playing Baytown I feel they are at the same level of Play as Seguin.

I think seguin and Freddy get a lot of credit because of the history and track record. These 2 teams have been in competition year after year and always seem to have a great program. Great coaching goes along way and both teams are evidence of that. Baytown on the other hand seems to not get the recognition for one reason or another. They have had 3-4 incredible seasons and seems they still trying to earn that reputation and respect. All that being said they are a hard hitting physical team and should not be underestimated. From the outside looking in I wouldn't want to play any of the of the 3 programs.

I tried to convey that in my message that Freddy has their work cut out for them in the upcoming weeks. Baytown is no joke, they wouldn't be undefeated if they were. Their defense sounds ridiculous this year. Both Baytown and seguin are looking powerful this year, and whoever comes out of the south will have truly earned their way to the championship.
If playing seguin six times has taught me anything, it's one of their mottos: "iron sharpens iron". That's why between both Freddy's program and seguins program, we have 7 state championships hand have been to 9 state championships combined. Our programs have that respect because of our track record, but that doesn't mean that we are entitled to respect. Baytown has been busting it this season, and it's shown in the results of their games. Same could be said for seguin and Freddy this year as well. If I was a north team I would be worried playing any of these programs in the state championship.

Also, scares I think is the wrong term to use. I think you have to have a mindset of "bring it on" - a mindset that says "I don't care who you are or what rank you are, I'm gonna play some Freddy ball" while maintaining a respect for the other team and what they can do

shortround":3ookp4c4 said:
I tried to convey that in my message that Freddy has their work cut out for them in the upcoming weeks. Baytown is no joke, they wouldn't be undefeated if they were. Their defense sounds ridiculous this year. Both Baytown and seguin are looking powerful this year, and whoever comes out of the south will have truly earned their way to the championship.
If playing seguin six times has taught me anything, it's one of their mottos: "iron sharpens iron". That's why between both Freddy's program and seguins program, we have 7 state championships hand have been to 9 state championships combined. Our programs have that respect because of our track record, but that doesn't mean that we are entitled to respect. Baytown has been busting it this season, and it's shown in the results of their games. Same could be said for seguin and Freddy this year as well. If I was a north team I would be worried playing any of these programs in the state championship.

Also, scares I think is the wrong term to use. I think you have to have a mindset of "bring it on" - a mindset that says "I don't care who you are or what rank you are, I'm gonna play some Freddy ball" while maintaining a respect for the other team and what they can do

Baytown has been busting it in d2 for the last few years. That makes for some tough competition. I still think seguin has the free way paved and Freddy could be sitting in the semis with them.

I would want nothing more than to see them play seguin for thanksgiving. But for that to happen they need to take care of business against Baytown. How long has Baytown's program been around? I know they have consistently been a competitive team

I have not dug too deep into the history. I followed Pasadena first baptist for years until they went 11 man. Baytown and fbca had some awesome competition along with emery. Emerys 2 losses came to baytown and fbca last year and emery would go on to be the d2 state champs. Bet that left a nasty taste in their mouth.
Those coaches were crazy!
We played them pretty good just ended up a little short. We beat them pretty good 1st time we faced them.

We beat our rival logos this week who also switched to 11man!
Just not a big 11 man fan after so many years.

shortround":dgv0car3 said:
I would want nothing more than to see them play seguin for thanksgiving. But for that to happen they need to take care of business against Baytown. How long has Baytown's program been around? I know they have consistently been a competitive team

Ditto. John Rabon and Tim Shipman are two of my best friends and it pained me to see these two teams not scheduled this season .... first time since Lifegate started football in 2003. Took us 6 years to finally beat Freddy.

Since my son now goes to Navarro HS, I get to watch games where Lifegate played its home games from 03 to 06. First game was vs Freddy, a 32-13 loss.

Lifegate's first ever TD came on a Lifegate punt. Ref signals that a Heritage player touched the ball, but a player from each team is just looking at the football sitting on the 2 yard line. I'm running down the sidelines yelling "It's live, pick it up!". Our kid looks up at me with a puzzled look, picks up the ball and walks in the end zone. Touchdown Falcons

Back