Field Lights

pcaeaglehead

11-man fan
I have a question that many of you will be able to answer. Plainview Christian Academy is in the process of adding lights to our football field. We hope to get them installed for this up coming year but even if we do may not have the refs to do games at 7:30. My question is how many poles for each side would be sufficient and what size lights do they need to be. (watts) We have accuired the lights but need bulbs for them. Also how high do most lights go above the field. I am thinking at least 40 feet and 3 maybe 4 poles on each side. Thanks for any input.

pcaeaglehead":15n8hocr said:
I have a question that many of you will be able to answer. Plainview Christian Academy is in the process of adding lights to our football field. We hope to get them installed for this up coming year but even if we do may not have the refs to do games at 7:30. My question is how many poles for each side would be sufficient and what size lights do they need to be. (watts) We have accuired the lights but need bulbs for them. Also how high do most lights go above the field. I am thinking at least 40 feet and 3 maybe 4 poles on each side. Thanks for any input.

Brother ... we just put up lights last year at our field. We have two poles (at about the 20's) on each side with 5 lights (1000 w) on each pole. More than enough light -- actually, we started shutting off the center light to reduce power usage (our lights run off a propane generator, a whole other story).

Couple of things to think about ... go ahead and feed speaker wire if you sometime plan to add loud speakers. Easier to do now than later.

Back