fajitapete's rankings(ravings)

fajitapete

Six-man fan
For a lot longer than I care to think about I have been working on a ranking system aka ‘a toy’. It is based on last years power rankings that I tabulated and then influenced by enrollment, last years district standing, lettermen lost, returning, and starters returning. The last 4 items are taken out of DCTF so blame him if the rankings do go the way you want.

After a lot of regression testing and trying to quantify the influence on each of these areas, I think I have my system ready to run. It will get better as time goes on as I recessively apply corrections in a 4 week moving window so hopefully towards the end of the season I will have a good ranking system. I tested the system during last years play offs and only missed 5 games. So I am going public this year.

It’s not rocket science, but seems pretty damn close to it. Anyway, I haven’t done anything with the tapps or independents. I don’t have a clue how one can harness that much data, just doing div 1 and 2 is kicking my butt. I will try to bring those teams on line this year.

So here is the first run aka preseason rankings. If this can be kept up I’ll do it all year but if work gets in the way, well I do like the paycheck. I will try to predict upcoming game as well so we can all take big ol jabs when I miss.

Sidney 1
Gustine 2
Rising Star 3
Comanche Paradigm 4

alright here's my take.......

1 Gustine
2 Sidney
3 Rising Star
4 Comanche Paradigm

Gustine gets the nod in a down to the wire run for the district title. Sidney is dangerous, even if numbers are a problem this year, they will be a tough match for anyone this year. Rising Star will be tested in there opener against WS. If they perform well, and continue throughout the year then we could be looking at a sleeper that could bypass one of the top two teams. Paradigm well, we will see what this year has in store. Maybe they can turn it around. This is still preseason so anything could happen. But one thing is for sure... games aren't played on paper they are played on the field!!!! That's what makes sports so unique

1 Gustine
2 Sidney
3 Rising Star
4 Comanche Paradigm

Gustine I think has the best shot at winning the district but you can never count out Sidney. The game between these two teams will be the game to watch in this district.

Rising Star lost one of the best running backs in the district and will be hard to replace a player with as much speed as him, but they have the potential to field a pretty good team this year.

Comanche Paradigm is still new to six man and I don't know anything about them. I think they will do alright this year but not good enough to win the district.

Back