EAST DOMINATION OF THE WEST

Cougarfan13

Six-man fan
WOW, who would of thought it would happen this year. Crickets from the West fans......

RICHLAND SPRINGS and ABBOTT ..........GO EAST!!!!!!!!!

I can honestly say I didn't see the Abbott win coming. I expected a good game but that was a great win for Abbott but I can't say the Richland Springs win surprised me. Their ground game is way too much for anyone to overcome and they just literally ran past Follett I can't remember a game with so many one play drives. Congrats to Abbott and Richland Springs on the titles and congrats to Crowell and Follett for having great seasons.

So it looks to me like the west was a little over hyped in Div-1. Not that Happy, Crowell,BC,Sterling City,Valley,GC,Hermeliegh....and a few others were not good teams, but the Dominant Gauntlet side of the bracket might have been just a handful of good teams at best.....The East was not The walk in the park everyone thought. Congrats to all the teams for giving all the keyboard warriors so many topics to discuss and be wrong about....what a great season!!

tx6man4life":vy6hobd0 said:
So it looks to me like the west was a little over hyped in Div-1. Not that Happy, Crowell,BC,Sterling City,Valley,GC,Hermeliegh....and a few others were not good teams, but the Dominant Gauntlet side of the bracket might have been just a handful of good teams at best.....The East was not The walk in the park everyone thought. Congrats to all the teams for giving all the keyboard warriors so many topics to discuss and be wrong about....what a great season!!

Just because Abbot won state does not mean they would survive through the west, through a week to week grind. Yeah they did win state but 9 out of 10 times Crowell wins. Also I believe everybody expected Richland Springs to win, so no need to make a big deal out of that. East might of won this year but don't you worry the west will win it next year! Because Borden County who was actually the best team this year overlooked Crowell and paid the price for it. Borden County will definitely be more focused next year and won't have any slip ups.

I don't think BC overlooked anyone. They were a great team that got beat by a better team on the night they played. The teams who won deserved to win and they did it on their ability, whether it was before the state championship games or during them.

Anyone give a summary of the Abbott-Crowell game? How did Abbott hold Crowell to 30? I underestimated Abbott and a few more east teams. Congrats Abbott. Everyone knew Richland was going to win.

This season's playoffs were full of surprises. BC dominating Happy. GC almost taking out Crowell. Crowell beating BC soundly. Zephyr shocking Rochelle. And of course, Abbott taking out Crowell. Sure I missed plenty, but still, pretty wild season.

There was no domination in the Division one game by any stretch of the imagination. It went down to the fat lady.
The best D-1 teams were in the West until deep in the playoffs. In D-2 it was the opposite.

And Fi Slamma Jamma was better than N.C.State!!

coyote_king":3fn42ojy said:
Everyone knew Richland was going to win.
I wouldn't go quite that far. Most everyone was picking RS, and I think that the RS kids were confident in their preparation, most of the RS fans were confident in their Coaches and team, but I have learned from experience not to "know" that a win will happen. Every once in a while you get burned with overconfidence. There are too many good and capable teams to just know that a win will occur. IMHO

coyote_king":w4g3kt7d said:
Anyone give a summary of the Abbott-Crowell game? How did Abbott hold Crowell to 30? I underestimated Abbott and a few more east teams. Congrats Abbott. Everyone knew Richland was going to win.
Abbott defense was very stout closing after the catch in the short passing game. Allowed one completion over 30yds. They had a couple of big sacks in the 4th. Allowed one run over 20 yds, 47 yd TD on the second play of the game. Their D was the game's MVP.
It looked as if the two best Crowell offensive players (23, 34) were a bit gimpy.
Abbott stud RB (32) was held very much in check, but he kept plugging away enough to move the chains and score a little.

I think Abbott's coaches just put a defensive game plan that a lot of the West and East coaches will be studying this game film to beat these good teams. All teams can be beat!!

Hill County":2kec5bvo said:
I think Abbott's coaches just put a defensive game plan that a lot of the West and East coaches will be studying this game film to beat these good teams. All teams can be beat!!

I am going to have to disagree with you because I think it came down to the fact that one team ran a sixman offense while the other ran an elevenman offense. To try to prevent drama, I will let people figure out which team(s) I am referring to. With that said, however, the astute fan will catch my drift. Injuries would constitute the only reason to run such an offense.

coyote_king":b0y57cs6 said:
Anyone give a summary of the Abbott-Crowell game? How did Abbott hold Crowell to 30?
There's some insight here.
http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/high_sch ... 06216.html

BE":b0y57cs6 said:
And Fi Slamma Jamma was better than N.C.State!!
The one time Guy V shud'da just rolled out the basketball and let them play.
RIP Jimmy V and Guy Lewis.
You probably have a reason for the "Fi" AOT "Phi"

Its just my redneck, public school background coming out. My spell check tried to tell me it was misspelled. It was from a movie the kids and I watched over the weekend about Jack and the beanstalk. You remember, Fee Fi Fo Fum, I smell the blood of an Englishman....:)

I think its interesting how some on here still cant give the coaches and players of Abbott the credit for beating a team that alot said would 45 them, just say good job and leave it at that!

let*it*roll":36sk2yel said:
I think its interesting how some on here still cant give the coaches and players of Abbott the credit for beating a team that alot said would 45 them, just say good job and leave it at that!
You are wasting your time, ain't gonna happen on this site. You can go back YEARS and see the comments anytime someone supports a team that is not in the West. All Abbott's win will do is increase the bias, and you can hear the excuses, they've already started. Reminds me of being in JR-HIGH and getting our bus tires slashed at a Covington basketball game, or hearing the whining from Bynum after beating them for about 8 years in a row in every sport. (1970's)

Cougarfan13":16acumks said:
let*it*roll":16acumks said:
You are wasting your time, ain't gonna happen on this site. You can go back YEARS and see the comments anytime someone supports a team that is not in the West. All Abbott's win will do is increase the bias, and you can hear the excuses, they've already started. Reminds me of being in JR-HIGH and getting our bus tires slashed at a Covington basketball game, or hearing the whining from Bynum after beating them for about 8 years in a row in every sport. (1970's)
Cougarman, Just keep whipping their butts and they will learn to like it. Just like the T-shirt I saw at the State game said, "The beatings will continue until your morale improves!"
I think that shirt was black and blue.

Back