Div 1 Lock Down Out West?

Goonesfarm

Six-man fan
The West has had the upper hand in Div 1 the last decade or so...

Seems like it'll be a tough battle between Balmorhea, Borden Co, Sterling City, Rankin, White Deer, Ira, and McLean...but with the East, who gets to play one of them in the big dance? Does Jonesboro make it again as the sleeper?

Healthy or not Milford makes it out of the East. Today was our 3rd straight game missing an All-State player and we continue to put up good games vs the top teams in the state....

The west is a toss up! But I see Ben Crocket carrying McLean out of the west. Balmorhea is the best team in the west, but in playoff football superstar players make the difference and Ben Crocket is the biggest superstar out west.

Leakey can be a sleeper in the East. Never underestimate a team playing good football and winning. They did make a surprising run last year.

Milford doesnt make it to the top, even if healthy.

And there are several teams that have a shot out of the west, but I dont think McLean is in that mix at all.

Goonesfarm":hc6c9gvh said:

And there are several teams that have a shot out of the west, but I dont think McLean is in that mix at all.

You would be wrong then

Goonesfarm":1vb5qv2b said:

Goonie no offense at all but you obviously arent a big McLean fan but if you could look past that and explain to me why you think they arent in the mix?

6manonly":16bx9on6 said:
Goonesfarm":16bx9on6 said:

Goonie no offense at all but you obviously arent a big McLean fan but if you could look past that and explain to me why you think they arent in the mix?

It has nothing to do with being a fan or not. That was my opinion based on how they played Balmorhea. I still feel McLean will make it to the quarter finals and possibly even beat Ira or White Deer to make the semis. But whether it be BC, Rankin, Sterling, or Balmorhea...I dont see McLean beating any of them.

I think McLean beats BC or SC. Balmoreah or Rankin could definitely send them home. I honestly think whoever the West sends to Dallas this year is a massive favorite over anyone in the East, but that’s just my opinion.

Goonesfarm":2834hm21 said:
6manonly":2834hm21 said:
Goonesfarm":2834hm21 said:

It has nothing to do with being a fan or not. That was my opinion based on how they played Balmorhea. I still feel McLean will make it to the quarter finals and possibly even beat Ira or White Deer to make the semis. But whether it be BC, Rankin, Sterling, or Balmorhea...I dont see McLean beating any of them.

Do you not remember McLean being down 32-0 against balmorhea,(when they played earlier this season) coming back and taking the lead at one point....making it a ball game? Yeah, they lost but made it a game. Or the beatdown they just put on White Deer at WD? McLean has just proven they have got better and better as the season goes on. I dont disagree with all of the contenders you put out in the west but to say McLean couldnt beat BC,Rankin, SC, Balmorhea, or even GC is just plain dumb. No offense.

x271johnnyx":36sq8amg said:
Y’all did hear what happened to Ricky

One injury to a stud on a team without a near equal backup can be a big blow. Two can change a shoo-in to an "also-ran". Like the 2017 RS team that Insider always revels in Milford's victory over.

I certainly hope Pendleton heals quickly.

Johnny South":2b6lfn55 said:
x271johnnyx":2b6lfn55 said:
Y’all did hear what happened to Ricky

One injury to a stud on a team without a near equal backup can be a big blow. Two can change a shoo-in to an "also-ran". Like the 2017 RS team that Insider always revels in Milford's victory over.

I certainly hope Pendleton heals quickly.

What happened to Pendleton?

Back