Div 1 Lock Down Out West?

LBK6manFan":qhjn65n5 said:
Goonesfarm":qhjn65n5 said:
6manonly":qhjn65n5 said:
Goonesfarm":qhjn65n5 said:
Milford doesnt make it to the top, even if healthy.

And there are several teams that have a shot out of the west, but I dont think McLean is in that mix at all.

Goonie no offense at all but you obviously arent a big McLean fan but if you could look past that and explain to me why you think they arent in the mix?

It has nothing to do with being a fan or not. That was my opinion based on how they played Balmorhea. I still feel McLean will make it to the quarter finals and possibly even beat Ira or White Deer to make the semis. But whether it be BC, Rankin, Sterling, or Balmorhea...I dont see McLean beating any of them.

Do you not remember McLean being down 32-0 against balmorhea,(when they played earlier this season) coming back and taking the lead at one point....making it a ball game? Yeah, they lost but made it a game. Or the beatdown they just put on White Deer at WD? McLean has just proven they have got better and better as the season goes on. I dont disagree with all of the contenders you put out in the west but to say McLean couldnt beat BC,Rankin, SC, Balmorhea, or even GC is just plain dumb. No offense.

I won't mind admitting that I m wrong if McLean does make it to state. I'm not rooting against anyone so dont take it personal. I just feel that all the focus has been on Balmorhea.

If you want my honest opinion, I believe it will be BC and Ira in the semi finals. But I haven't seen Ira play at all. I've seen Balmorhea and McLean. They are both very good teams, but they can be beat. I wish the best to every team out there. We all know that anyone can win on any night under these west Texas skies.

Goonesfarm":2bgjork1 said:
LBK6manFan":2bgjork1 said:
6manonly":2bgjork1 said:

And there are several teams that have a shot out of the west, but I dont think McLean is in that mix at all.

Goonie no offense at all but you obviously arent a big McLean fan but if you could look past that and explain to me why you think they arent in the mix?

It has nothing to do with being a fan or not. That was my opinion based on how they played Balmorhea. I still feel McLean will make it to the quarter finals and possibly even beat Ira or White Deer to make the semis. But whether it be BC, Rankin, Sterling, or Balmorhea...I dont see McLean beating any of them.

Do you not remember McLean being down 32-0 against balmorhea,(when they played earlier this season) coming back and taking the lead at one point....making it a ball game? Yeah, they lost but made it a game. Or the beatdown they just put on White Deer at WD? McLean has just proven they have got better and better as the season goes on. I dont disagree with all of the contenders you put out in the west but to say McLean couldnt beat BC,Rankin, SC, Balmorhea, or even GC is just plain dumb. No offense.

I won't mind admitting that I m wrong if McLean does make it to state. I'm not rooting against anyone so dont take it personal. I just feel that all the focus has been on Balmorhea.

If you want my honest opinion, I believe it will be BC and Ira in the semi finals. But I haven't seen Ira play at all. I've seen Balmorhea and McLean. They are both very good teams, but they can be beat. I wish the best to every team out there. We all know that anyone can win on any night under these west Texas skies.

I respect your opinion/s, I just thought it was crazy to say McLean couldnt/wouldnt be in the mix. I see the west is stacked but McLean has the easiest route to the semis if you look at the bracket. I've said BC shouldn't be slept on because they're a legit contender. Rankin was one of my picks to make it from the west. SC & GC have proven they are also contenders. Just my opinion, but I see McLean making it to the semis. The others I cant say as well as the East. I picked milford to go early on but idk much about the East. Also... I'm not a McLean fan, I just love how they play under Linman.

To say that McLean isnt a contender is crazy. In my opinion, the Bal game would have been totally different if Crockett had been given the ball on the 2 yd line in McLeans opening drive. Instead it was given to three others and when it was given to Crockett on 4th down, its a pass. Maybe im stupid in my thinking, but if I have a 6'1 200 lb fast back and Im on the 2, Im given him the ball four times!!!! If they score there, the game changes! When if and but are candy and nuts though, we will all have a Merry Christmas! I think there are a lot of good teams in the West, particularly in region I. Lots of what if and buts to happen to sort it all out!

MilfordInsider":16l3vaov said:
Goonesfarm":16l3vaov said:

All credibility lost.

Looks like I'm a little more credible than you thought bubba, how is that crow tasting?

Back