district 10 2014

Hounds it's Hammertime. I know it's old school like go MAD but you better GATA every play. This is what the 2 a days, all the days in the weight room and the prior games were for. What the SR's in particular have been playing together for years for.

51eleven":24q4oxi3 said:
Hounds it's Hammertime. I know it's old school like go MAD but you better GATA every play. This is what the 2 a days, all the days in the weight room and the prior games were for. What the SR's in particular have been playing together for years for.

So are you picking Strawn or May?

The Strawn at Gordon game will have just as many playoff implications as everyone thought it would. The situation is a little different. Strawn will be playing for their playoff lives! Gordon will be in with a win. It should be a really good game with a lot more riding on the game than in the past couple of years.

Game of the year if your in the area. Friends and or relatives playing against each other.
Throw the records and rankings out the window.

Strawn and Gordon have two sets of radio announcers streaming off of the same radio station. Am I right so far? Will both get to announce the next game? Will they be combined and have the same announcers streaming on both sides of the radio station? Both teams have their own advertisers, so in the end they are the ones that can't be shorted in this situation. Interesting dilemma.

No, there will only be one stream. It will be the home team. This year, that is Gordon. I'm not sure how the advertising works. I just call games.

hornkeeper12":3v54py79 said:
No, there will only be one stream. It will be the home team. This year, that is Gordon. I'm not sure how the advertising works. I just call games.

That is correct, One broadcast. Advertising will probably be the same, most are sponsors of both teams. The good folks at Gordon decided they do not want a visitor in their booth, which I understand. After all it is a Rivalry.

RoscoeSparks11":dff39ixo said:
hornkeeper12":dff39ixo said:

That is correct, One broadcast. Advertising will probably be the same, most are sponsors of both teams. The good folks at Gordon decided they do not want a visitor in their booth, which I understand. After all it is a Rivalry.

:) Your enthusiasm becomes you sir.

Gordon 60 Strawn 50

Lingleville 53 Gustine 8

Strawn will very likely be the best team staying home from the playoffs!

Congratulations to Gordon on making the playoffs.

Spent some time on a tractor yesterday going round and round, had plenty of time to think out the playoff picture in this district. Strawn is not completly out of the playoff hunt. They would have to have some long odds fall their direction, but not impossible. First Strawn would have to win out, second, May would have to lose to Gordon and Lingleville. That would throw second place into a three way tie.

Lingleville is like the fly buzzing around the ointment trying to get in. Their district record is 1 and 1, if they win out they are in at best, at worst in a three way tie for first.

With a win at May, Gordon will win the district out right. A loss will put May in the drivers seat for first place in the district.

Truth is we will have to wait on the results of Friday's games to have a clearer playoff picture.

Blue Bird I understand your opining.... but there is no way that even May's JV would lose to Lingleville. Strawn will certainly be the best team left out of the playoffs this year, much like back in 95 when Trinidad, Milford and Covington were all bunched together in a district, and each could have had a shot at Amherst. This was an epic district for the East that will come around again next year just as interesting. It was a heck of a game, but the 24 unanswered points just were too much for Strawn to come back from.

Blue Bird":i50zcyxb said:
Spent some time on a tractor yesterday going round and round, had plenty of time to think out the playoff picture in this district. Strawn is not completly out of the playoff hunt. They would have to have some long odds fall their direction, but not impossible. First Strawn would have to win out, second, May would have to lose to Gordon and Lingleville. That would throw second place into a three way tie.

Lingleville is like the fly buzzing around the ointment trying to get in. Their district record is 1 and 1, if they win out they are in at best, at worst in a three way tie for first.

With a win at May, Gordon will win the district out right. A loss will put May in the drivers seat for first place in the district.

Truth is we will have to wait on the results of Friday's games to have a clearer playoff picture.
Ok, there are mathematical possibilities, and then there are realistic possibilities.

First off, Gordon is in. They are 3-0 with 1 game left. The other teams that have lost 1 also Gordon beat head to head. Lingleville and Strawn. Barring the next to impossible 3 way ties scenario below.
Second, Strawn IS going to win out. It won't help them.
May, being also undefeated at 2-0 only needs to win one of their 2 games left, if they win against Gordon they ARE the district champs, if they don't, they will have to play a half a game against Lingleville, which I guess mathematically means they COULD end up in a 3 way tie if they were to somehow magically beat May AND Strawn.

But you are correct, NOT impossible, just sitting in impossibles lap.

Blue Bird":20fxvq48 said:
Week 11 will find Gustine at Strawn

and May at Lingleville.

Do you think the Tigers May end it by halftime, or will they Lingle around and give the subs some play time?

Back