district 10 2014

gohorns40":2haxyepi said:
This is the first time I have ever heard of a team getting its bye the final week of the regular season. That is so nonsensical....
Then you haven't been paying attention. It happens to one team in every single 5 team district. The only way it wouldn't happen is if the coach schedules a game that week as opposed to whatever other week he prefer his bye week to be on.

Bryson 42 Lingleville 40
Gordon 48 Blanket 0
Gustine 82 Moran 57
may 34 Zephyr 14
Strawn 86 Abilene Christian 36

Next week

Gordon hosts Rising Star
Gustine hosts Lohn
Lingleville at Iredell
May at Blanket
Strawn will play Granbury Cornerstone? I read this somewhere, but its not on either teams schedule. So help me out Strawn.

hornkeeper12":xtbtc3mg said:
Then you haven't been paying attention. It happens to one team in every single 5 team district. The only way it wouldn't happen is if the coach schedules a game that week as opposed to whatever other week he prefer his bye week to be on.
So this anomaly only occurs in 5 team districts? I've watched a lot of high school football teams and just don't recall seeing this...... Still a competitive disadvantage. Unless you make the playoffs. May comes to Gordon after a week off. Strawn is off two weeks before coming to Gordon. I see the potential of a 3-way tie here....

gohorns40":9ixln8bv said:
hornkeeper12":9ixln8bv said:
So this anomaly only occurs in 5 team districts? I've watched a lot of high school football teams and just don't recall seeing this...... Still a competitive disadvantage. Unless you make the playoffs. May comes to Gordon after a week off. Strawn is off two weeks before coming to Gordon. I see the potential of a 3-way tie here....
It happens in a district with an odd # of teams. Odd # of teams make it pretty hard for each team in district to have a game during district play. Unless of course, you schedule a non district game for that week. (In which case you would have to find a team in the same boat as you). Not that many 3 or 7 team districts, so yes, mostly 5 team districts that this happens.

Blue Bird":2f76a3d8 said:
Bryson 42 Lingleville 40
Gordon 48 Blanket 0
Gustine 82 Moran 57
may 34 Zephyr 14
Strawn 86 Abilene Christian 36

Next week

Gordon hosts Rising Star
Gustine hosts Lohn
Lingleville at Iredell
May at Blanket
Strawn will play Granbury Cornerstone? I read this somewhere, but its not on either teams schedule. So help me out Strawn.

Strawn ISD says JH, 5:00, Varsity 7:30 at Granbury Cornerstone Friday 9/19 on it's home page (not on the Athletics schedule though). JV at Lingelville Thursday.

Gordon 74 Rising Star 28
Gustine 73 Lohn 28
Iredell 61 Lingleville 36
May 46 Blanket 6
Strawn 59 Granbury Conorstone 14

Nest week

Gordon at Walnut Springs
Gustine at Covington
Lingleville will host Newcastle
May at Throckmorton
Strawn will host Dallas the Covenant

Gordon 92 Walnut Springs 47
Covington 56 Gustine 6
Newcastle 46 Lingleville 0
Throckmorton 60 May 40
Strawn 68 Dallas the Covenant 22

Gordon is at Woodson
Gustine will host Sidney
Lingleville will host Walnut Springs
May will host Water Valley
Strawn will host Knox City.

Is Knox City unbeaten this year? How is Gordon doing with the injury bug? Sounds like Strawn is getting dinged up some and I know May is dealing with some injuries.

Gordon 62 Woodson 6
Sidney 59 Gustine 12
Walnut Springs 72 Lingleville 27
May 38 Water Valley 24
Strawn 52 Knox City 26

Congratulations to Gordon and Strawn for going undefeated in non-district!! District play starts next week. Its almost like a whole new season starts.

Lingleville will be at Gordon.
Gustine will be at May.

Good luck to all of the teams in district!

Well, I'm pretty sure the Gustine and Sidney score is wrong. I was told this morning it was Sidney 84 and Gustine 36. I think that the score central has two different sets of scores, neither was what I heard this morning. The only sure thing is that Sidney won the game and it ended sometime in the fourth quarter.

Sidney 84
Gustine 38

Ended with 7:04 left in 4th Q.

This is the correct score and i have already let granger know and he has corrected it on the scores page. Thanks.

Coach Gillespie
Gustine ISD

Going to take some effort but I will follow the Strawn - May game on the interwebz. There's a group of us headed to Southlake for Carroll's game against Euless Trinity. Two true heavy-weights in 6A. Should be two great games.

Back