district 10...2013

Gordon should make the playoffs again and the other spot is wide open. Gordon, Gustine, and Lingleville all had a head coaching changes. Each of them had to go through the process of hiring a head coach twice during the off season. Hopefully, the three teams will thrive under their new leaders. I don't know too much about what Gustine is returning but Evant and Lingleville will return some talent. Gordon returns a lot of talent including some state qualifying track speed.

SixFan19":2r2mnepg said:
Gordon, Gustine, and Lingleville all had a head coaching changes. Each of them had to go through the process of hiring a head coach twice during the off season.
So including the HCs that finished last season, this little 4 team district has had 10 HCs associated with them in an official or unofficial way.
That must be some kind of record.
The most head coached little six-man football district in Texas.

olderelk":vedhq5dn said:
SixFan19":vedhq5dn said:
Gordon, Gustine, and Lingleville all had a head coaching changes. Each of them had to go through the process of hiring a head coach twice during the off season.
So including the HCs that finished last season, this little 4 team district has had 10 HCs associated with them in an official or unofficial way.
That must be some kind of record.
The most head coached little six-man football district in Texas.
This whole off season was some kind of record. Things happened that you wouldn't have seen 20 years ago, and if they did, there would be people hiding from the public based solely on shame. But that's another topic altogether. I believe that the right people landed in the right spots throughout the district and that there will be a few battles on the gridiron coming from d10.

Actually could be more than 10 HCs. At Evant, they hired a new AD which I would assume is the new HC. Last years coaches are still here. Sounds like a strange little deal.

It's actually been kind of strange for a few years.
The AD -2 wasn't the head football coach, but coached girl's basketball and volleyball.
He left and last year, the superintendent took over the AD responsibilities.
Then they hired a AD for this year. I don't know what his coaching responsibilities are.
The head football coach under the two previous AD's is still there.
I don't know if he is still the head coach or not. I thought he was.

According to the Waco Trib. preview Evant's HC is still the same.
Evant Elks
Head coach: Nathan Kuehler (5th season: 18-22)
All-time: 18-22 since 2009 in six-man; 227-357-12 in 11-man
Playoff history: None in six-man; 0-2 in two trips in 11-man; most recently 2004; 0 state titles
Returning: 9 lettermen, 5 offensive, 5 defensive starters
Outlook: When Evant made the 11-man playoffs in 2004 for the first time in 50 years, the town was abuzz. The wait to reach the six-man postseason hasn’t been as long (four years), but another playoff breakthrough would certainly provide a jolt of excitement.
RB Homero Diaz remains one of the most productive backs in the state after piling up 1,646 yards and 33 TDs as a freshman last year. Fellow sophomore LB Dakota Hancock is the top returning tackler (118), while QB Carlos Arellano brings loads of experience, entering his third year as a starter.

Evant's playoff history is actually 1-2 in two trips in 11 man.
They won their very first playoff game against Richland Springs 14-6 in 1954.
I have reported this to the Trib. more than once in previous years to no avail, so I gave up.

olderelk":14004gnj said:

Evant's playoff history is actually 1-2 in two trips in 11 man.
They won their very first playoff game against Richland Springs 14-6 in 1954.
I have reported this to the Trib. more than once in previous years to no avail, so I gave up.

Heck, we know, and that is all that counts........

Back