Any thoughts?

RESULTS:

District 1:

Loop over Lubbock Kingdom Prep 52-6
Loop beat Lubbock KP 64-14

Plainview Christian over Amarillo Holy Cross 52-6
Plainview Christian forfeit over Amarillo Holy Cross 2-0

Fort Hancock over Jesus Chapel 48-6
Fort Hancock beat Jesus Chapel 44-42 --- Last week it was Plainview Christian who surprised me, this week it was Jesus Chapel barely losing a close game.

Lubbock CTK Bye

District 2:

Heath Fulton over Wichita Christian 52-6
Heath Fulton beat Wichita Christian 52-0 --- A few comments about this game. We were stuck on I-635 for a long time due to an accident in the HOV lane and arrived for the game right at 7:30 pm. The score may be a bit deceiving. The Stars had several chances, racking up 148 yards of offense in the game. Two overthrows to wide open receivers would have been sure touchdowns and a third drive ended at the Fulton 1 yard line. After watching the game, I do not see Heath Fulton as the #2 team in DII. I think if they played today, WF Notre Dame would 45 them in no more than 3 quarters. I think NCTA would beat them too. Maybe they were having an off night. Who knows.

WF Notre Dame over North Central Texas Academy (Happy Hill) 62-14
WF Notre Dame beat NCTA 64-18 --- I was pretty close on the score. If WF Notre Dame does not win the DII championship, I will be amazed.

Brownwood VLA Bye

Godsmightywarrior":2r48u6dz said:
RESULTS:

District 2:

Heath Fulton beat Wichita Christian 52-0 --- A few comments about this game. We were stuck on I-635 for a long time due to an accident in the HOV lane and arrived for the game right at 7:30 pm. The score may be a bit deceiving. The Stars had several chances, racking up 148 yards of offense in the game. Two overthrows to wide open receivers would have been sure touchdowns and a third drive ended at the Fulton 1 yard line. After watching the game, I do not see Heath Fulton as the #2 team in DII. I think if they played today, WF Notre Dame would 45 them in no more than 3 quarters. I think NCTA would beat them too. Maybe they were having an off night. Who knows.

An off night? I'd love to have an off night 45'ing a team at half while shutting them out.

I think Lifegate vs. Notre Dame will be a great game... Lifegate has an easier road through the playoffs and regular season which is a double edged sword... They won't be worn down for the state game but they also won't have the tough games experience like Notre Dame... They gave geneva all they could handle in scrimmages, and have improved drastically since... They will remain my dark horse to win it all... hope i'm right...

Just know speed kills in sixman... and man are they fast...

That being said, I haven't seen Notre Dame play... but their record shows they are an amazing team...

LazyJ":36sxdbbu said:
Godsmightywarrior":36sxdbbu said:
RESULTS:

District 2:

An off night? I'd love to have an off night 45'ing a team at half while shutting them out.

I knew what I said would sound a little wonky after getting 45'd, but the Heath Fulton defense didn't stay disciplined and gave the Stars chances to keep the game closer. I've seen WF Notre Dame play before. After seeing Heath Fulton play against us, I don't see how they are ranked #2.

whenpigsfly":1zoeo69v said:
I think Lifegate vs. Notre Dame will be a great game... Lifegate has an easier road through the playoffs and regular season which is a double edged sword... They won't be worn down for the state game but they also won't have the tough games experience like Notre Dame... They gave geneva all they could handle in scrimmages, and have improved drastically since... They will remain my dark horse to win it all... hope i'm right...

Just know speed kills in sixman... and man are they fast...

That being said, I haven't seen Notre Dame play... but their record shows they are an amazing team...

Other than Heath Fulton, I haven't seen any teams outside of District 1 & 2 this season. I hope to see as much of the playoffs as possible. If there is a team out there that beats Notre Dame, I'll give them all the respect due to them. It would be nice to have more games each season between the different districts to get a better gauge of team strengths.

Back