D1 Semis

Texas6Man

The Wesp’s HS Coach
You couldn’t have asked for 2 better games in the semis! Has it ever been both games go to OT to decide who plays for the state title? Congratulations to May and Sterling City. Should be a heckova state game!

I couldn’t agree more.. didn’t watch the May game but if it was anything like the Sterling City Borden County game than it must have been a heck of a game.. this Sterling City team fought there way all the way back into the game after getting outplayed in the first half.. both teams fought until the very end.. it feels bad for there to be a loser in this game because of how hard both teams competed.. if the showdown at Jerry’s world is anything like SC vs BC then we are in for a treat!

Does anyone have a rundown of the other D1 semi? I watched BC vs SC but I don’t know anything about the other D1 semi.. apparently it was a wild game as well!

coyote_king":d0c3v3ty said:
Does anyone have a rundown of the other D1 semi? I watched BC vs SC but I don’t know anything about the other D1 semi.. apparently it was a wild game as well!

I listened to the 2nd half cell from 1afan. Was a back and forth battle the whole game apparently. Halftime was tied at 52.

coyote_king":19gtxajx said:

Clinkscales (Blum) and Halk (May) put on a show. I felt May was the better team the whole way and felt confident they would win until a fumble late in the 4th quarter that gave Blum the lead with about 3 minutes left. After that, it felt like Blum was going to take it. May came up with a huge 4th down stop with about 40 seconds left to stay alive.

In OT May scored easily but then missed the XP... looked like it could be the deciding factor as neither defense was having much luck. Stuffed two Clinkscales runs to start OT, then two incomplete passes (both very close) sealed the deal. Very impressed by May's heart, especially after losing Bustamante before half. Blum left it all out on the field, too. Clinkscales has to be one of the best players in the state.

I hadn't been to a sixman game in about 15 years before RS-Calvert last weekend, then this one, I had forgotten how much fun they were to watch. May was very, very impressive. Halk and King are stars and lots of really good athletes around them. Coach Steele seems to have a great program in place... although you wouldn't know it from the old man in the cowboy hat yelling/griping "spread em out coach!" every 2 minutes while May was busy scoring 92 points doing what they do.

Back