D-1 playoffs course

Naz plays a different style of football, they slow the game down and play the tough Ira I, which makes sense as the coach is a Goodwin. Valley is extremely deep and finally closer to full health, ought to be a tough game. Spur can just flat out line up and score. Borden is down and will be a well disciplined/traditional team but will have tough times with tier one teams this year. (as they have all season)

Naz plays a different style of football, they slow the game down and play the tough Ira I, which makes sense as the coach is a Goodwin. Valley is extremely deep and finally closer to full health, ought to be a tough game. Spur can just flat out line up and score. Borden is down and will be a well disciplined/traditional team but will have tough times with tier one teams this year. (as they have all season)
That is my thinking. Valley has looked really good down the stretch. Naz/Valley SE/Happy are fun first round games being rematches from the pre district season. I'm interested in the second round game for Spur that might show more what they are made of. Like you said with Borden, they are Borden. The Coyotes line up and straight get after it. Knox City might give them a run, that will be a battle of the youth.

Region 1- Spring Lake
Region 2- all over the place, rankin Westbrook, Sterling City, never count out Garden City either. It's always a fight on the West side.
Region 2 is a tough out whoever it ends up bring Westbrook vs Rankin looks to be a huge game and SC vs Hermleigh don’t know much about Hermleigh but their not 10-0 for nothing that game is just as big
Rankin is my pick out of the region the dark house of the pack

Watched May vs Irion County in Robert Lee this Evening. This is Only My Opinion. Even though, May 45 them by Half. Irion County played well in the first Quarter & start of 2nd Quarter. Play calling started to take its toll, on Irion County. Not playing Conservative with the # 1 Team in D1, May. Irion County has Talent. Big, Fast Players. Coaching Hurt Them. Don’t be Offend by this Observation. May will have Problems with Jonesboro, if they don’t Step it Up. And a Bigger Problem with Water Valley.

Watched May vs Irion County in Robert Lee this Evening. This is Only My Opinion. Even though, May 45 them by Half. Irion County played well in the first Quarter & start of 2nd Quarter. Play calling started to take its toll, on Irion County. Not playing Conservative with the # 1 Team in D1, May. Irion County has Talent. Big, Fast Players. Coaching Hurt Them. Don’t be Offend by this Observation. May will have Problems with Jonesboro, if they don’t Step it Up. And a Bigger Problem with Water Valley.
In the playoffs in my opinion, anything can happen! Irion County is young and came to play. Water Valley will have to make out of their region. Experience and depth will come into play.

I think the east will take it this year. I'm just not sure who it will be between WV, May and Jonesboro... I really don't think many folks are giving Jonesboro much credit. They seem to play as 2 different teams however, one is smashmouth run you over and the other is pretty lax and is slow to get started. If team 1 shows up next week I really think they could upset May. WV isn't going to have it easy but they won't have to play 2 incredibly challenging games 2 weeks in a row. The winner of May/Jonesboro will have to stay healthy and heal up all their bumps and bruises quick before they meet up with WV!!!

I think the east will take it this year. I'm just not sure who it will be between WV, May and Jonesboro... I really don't think many folks are giving Jonesboro much credit. They seem to play as 2 different teams however, one is smashmouth run you over and the other is pretty lax and is slow to get started. If team 1 shows up next week I really think they could upset May. WV isn't going to have it easy but they won't have to play 2 incredibly challenging games 2 weeks in a row. The winner of May/Jonesboro will have to stay healthy and heal up all their bumps and bruises quick before they meet up with WV!!!
Agreed!

I hope its a team in the east. My personal favorite is on that side of bracket. Consensus seems to be Region 2 is a weekly fight to last team, and it is almost every year. I see the clear favorite to be Westbrook this year. Region 1 seems like it is a toss up. Region 3 is Abbott though there is some quality teams, my guess Abbott fills in that slot. Now region 4......WOW! who knows? May, WV, Jonesboro? Some great football games lye ahead and this night kicked it off in dramatic fashion.

Van Horn over Gardencity? anyone care to explain? Not being funny just curious for some opinions of those who witnessed the game!
Well Van Horns no push over. They did play well against both Balmorhea & GC earlier in the year. And have improved as the season went on. GC may have gone in overlooking them and wound up in a dog fight they lost.

Van Horn will test Sterling City.

I kinda want May to take it this year. Lord knows their last 3 trips to Jerry World weren't kind to them.
I admire that Coach Steele seems to keep his team in the hunt season after season, and he sticks to his system.
That being said.............he is gonna have to get past Water Valley and Coach Hayes, who coached two of the three teams that treated May so roughly in their trips to Jerry World.
May has looked very strong, and scheduled some tough opponents that make it appear this may be their year.
Time will tell, I don't have a dog in this hunt, just admire Coach Steele and how he keeps on grinding.

Van Horn over Gardencity? anyone care to explain? Not being funny just curious for some opinions of those who witnessed the game!
GC is really young they will be back next year with a lot of returning letterman. the bearkats freshman running back went down fairly early in the game Jones picked up the slack over 16-17 lead changes if garden city makes a few AP attempts they win all in all a great game hats off to van horn for never giving up

Back