D-1 playoffs course

I'm not taking anything away from WV, but May has the all around team this year. They play with heart and for each other. No selfish players in the bunch. May will be playing at AT&T in December. The only question is who will be their opponent.

Be sure y’all pack your gym clothes and round ball if y’all make it to play the May Tigers. They gonna put y’all in the gym Lol
Unfortunately one of us will be headed to the gym by the end of this month. I think May has a little tougher round 1&2. Good luck with Irion County cause they aren’t a bad team. They are young and will be a power house next year.

I'm not taking anything away from WV, but May has the all around team this year. They play with heart and for each other. No selfish players in the bunch. May will be playing at AT&T in December. The only question is who will be their opponent.
I like your confidence TexasTiger but there is still a few games to play between now and then. Jonesboro, Water Valley, and Abbott will be standing in the path to AT&T stadium.

Last edited:
If May - Water Valley plays it should be a heck of a game with the winner probably ending up at AT&T. That said I say May by 6
I Say, between Now & if that matchup Happens. Between Water Valley & May. A lot could change. With Injuries to either Teams Players. I See WV at the 3rd Round. May will probably play Jonesboro. After playing Irion County. I Say, it’s a Toss Up between WV & May. If Both Teams are Healthy. It’s Who wants it More.

Which is the most competitive region in D1? May and WV seem the favorite from the east with Jonesboro giving some fits to region 4. What do you experts say about Regions 1 and 2?

Just have a question. Why is Sands in the playoffs with a 5-5 record and Loop in the same district is 8-2 . Would Loop not be the district runner up?

I agree. Region 2 looks like a train wreck of competitive games. What are your favorites out of Region 1 and 2? Think there are any surprise teams that could make a buzz?
Region 1- Spring Lake
Region 2- all over the place, rankin Westbrook, Sterling City, never count out Garden City either. It's always a fight on the West side.

Just have a question. Why is Sands in the playoffs with a 5-5 record and Loop in the same district is 8-2 . Would Loop not be the district runner up?
Sands won that matchup in district play and finished second in district, Loop finished third. for playoffs only district record counts toward seeding. Loops only two losses were in district, probably the result of a fairly weak schedule.

Region 1- Spring Lake
Region 2- all over the place, rankin Westbrook, Sterling City, never count out Garden City either. It's always a fight on the West side.
I'm excited for Springlake/Happy tonight. I saw the first game between the two and Happy was a little shaken with giving up onsides and down a few guys. Happy may give them more of a run tonight. Thoughts on Valley/Naz/Spur/Borden?

Back