Coyotes Headed For State (again!)

Klaactu

Six-man fan
Well, all you Richland Springs haters. It was not pretty, but some miracles are not pretty. Strawn was bigger, faster, and overall more talented. but just like in basketball: if you live by three pointers, you die by three pointers. Strawn lived by the run, and in the end, with a very weak passing game, they died by the run. The video problems caused me to miss about half of the plays. My dad used to talk about the "Saint Vidas Dance." Now I know what it is. JB Junior was really off with his passing. Hats off to Capps. He played a great game on both sides of the ball. This game came down to the last play. The Strawn quarterback was still trying to dodge Bryant (I think) as the clock ran out and Strawn was on the 24 to start the play. I will wager that JB tells his kids to play every play like the game is on the line and it is the last play of the game, and they play like that.
Way to go Richland. Good luck at "Jerry"world.

Congrats, Richland! I feel like Burkhart's legacy could benefit from this win more than the other because he is finding a way to win close games. Or, to quote Barry Switzer: https://youtu.be/ZISM8OF6asU

No TE, No Diem Reeves, No Big Rig, and everyone underestimating Richland every single week? While this team is probably more talented than people on here give them credit for, coaching matters more in close games.

Anyone else surprised we haven’t heard anything from the Richland Haters yet? Oh wait a minute, they aren’t home from the round ball games yet! My bad

That was quite the game! I really thought Strawn was going to pull it off there at the end. My blood pressure is still elevated. As far as the haters, there’s really not much they can hate on this year. No transfers or “recruits”. Most of these kids are 2nd and 3rd generation RS athletes. Plus, except for a couple, the overall size of the team is tiny! Most of the team could pass for junior high kids. This team wins with straight up heart and excellent coaching!

RS just the better team that night. Felt Strawn had way to many mistakes and RS play as good as I have seen them this year and at this point of the year that’s what u have to do. Congratulations to both team and a hard fought game , dang sure worth the drive and money. Good luck on yalls 10 title run but I think it’s Vance Jones is year and the Balmorhea bears. Would like to see Jones win one more before he calls his long time career quits. I think for RS to win they would have to play even better then they did to beat Balmorhea but we shall see in a week and a half.

grindtime84":5g5zr2wa said:
Anyone else surprised we haven’t heard anything from the Richland Haters yet? Oh wait a minute, they aren’t home from the round ball games yet! My bad
Hey Fat Boy, Even a stray finds a bone occasionally, don't think it will happen again.

That’s what you said last time remember? After Richland won state last year. It’s getting old listening to you! Where is Gig’em to chime in? Or sixman only?

Texlonghorn75":2x5tgh6s said:
grindtime84":2x5tgh6s said:
Hey Fat Boy, Even a stray finds a bone occasionally, don't think it will happen again.

I’m starting to think you’ve gotten caught in the mud. First I just thought it was scheduling issues and you don’t like people playing “neophytes”. Now I see you just don’t like RS. Which I’m sure they are highly acclimated too. Strays finding a bone? If you are talking about RS?.? You wouldn’t be able to walk through the boneyard without slipping.

Congratulations to Richland Springs and Coach Burkhart. Game after game , year after year they continue to set the standard. We’ve never seen anything like this level of dominance in Texas high school football, congrats Coyotes.

To drfootball88 - No an RS hater - Just a comment. You said they were all "home grown" except for a couple. AS you well know "a couple" of players can turn a so-so team into a very good or better. Have not watched RS so no clue who the studs are. Just saying your statement doesn't do much to stop the rumors.

Was every game this week an instant classic? We had both D1 semis go to OT, with SC extending the game to OT on a touchdown pass at the buzzer.. I can’t remember any other week of games being so close this late in the season

I just realized that since I have been watching six-man, I have not seen a field goal. Strawn was within field-goal range for the last play against Richland Springs, and could have gone for a tie and OT, but like so many six man teams, the kicking is suspect. Maybe 1A schools should encourage some "soccer moms" to move to their towns. Wait. Then we would have SUV's getting in the way of our pickups.

Klaactu":3oflw46u said:
I just realized that since I have been watching six-man, I have not seen a field goal. Strawn was within field-goal range for the last play against Richland Springs, and could have gone for a tie and OT, but like so many six man teams, the kicking is suspect. Maybe 1A schools should encourage some "soccer moms" to move to their towns. Wait. Then we would have SUV's getting in the way of our pickups.

A field goal would have actually won the game for Strawn as they are worth 4 points. I've been watching six man games for almost 50 years and have seen maybe a dozen field goals made. In any event with Strawn's kicking game struggling to make PAT attempts I see no reason to question why they didn't choose to attempt one in that situation.

While I have seen several "garbage time field goals," Cherokee kicked a FG to beat higher-ranked Blanket in 2007. I just looked to see if it was on sixman films and did not see it, but it was honestly pretty epic.

In 1994, Amherst kicked a field goal as time expired to tie Meadow 12-12 in the playoffs and advance on penetrations.

justlookin'":29c9y840 said:
Klaactu":29c9y840 said:

A field goal would have actually won the game for Strawn as they are worth 4 points. I've been watching six man games for almost 50 years and have seen maybe a dozen field goals made. In any event with Strawn's kicking game struggling to make PAT attempts I see no reason to question why they didn't choose to attempt one in that situation.

In other words making 2 more xp's would have done it for Strawn as well. The soccer moms comment made me think of a soccer mom's daughter. I don't know if anyone else on here remembers 3 years back. Wish we still had K-Lani Friday night.
https://usatodayhss.com/2017/girl-kicke ... g-the-odds

Back