Could Gordon go to state ???

Interesting point......... if you ask if they are a “sleeper”,does that make them a non-sleeper by focusing attention on them?...... Hmmmmmm..........

"Once you get in the tournament, anything can happen." - Jerry Jones

smokeyjoe53":b8jvsuzs said:
Interesting point......... if you ask if they are a “sleeper”,does that make them a non-sleeper by focusing attention on them?...... Hmmmmmm..........
So let me get this straight Smokey lol . So since I mentioned Gordon that means no longer a sleeper? haha I love it

I don't have or see a clear favorite for the East in D2. Just my opinion but I think Gordon has, as good of a shot as any other team.

6manonly":2y1qempw said:
I'll take blum
Isnt Blum D1 east? I'd have to agree with one-pac on this one. I dont think anyone predicted Gordon to be a contender at the beginning of the season yet alone beat Strawn for the district championship. They should be considered the "dark horse" to make a run. They're clicking at the right time. What's your definition of dark horse?

Ares":11vc8ync said:
I don't have or see a clear favorite for the East in D2. Just my opinion but I think Gordon has, as good of a shot as any other team.
Gordon would have a lot better shot if they didn't have to play Strawn again, but they will.

Superjrj":o7jphu69 said:
The combined won/loss records of schools Gordon has played is 39-51 not a whole lot of competition
Fair statement, but who were the opponents??? Gordon (maybe) and obviously Strawn had a tough schedule. Being realistic, I believe a small group of people (in Gordon) thought they might have a chance against Strawn this year, Gordon won. So tell me if Strawn and/or Gorson had any injuries prior to this game. If not... Gordon beat Strawn fair and square regardless of a 39-51 win/loss schedule. To make that an excuse for a game that's already been played is funny. Excuses coming from everywhere
* Give credit where it's due

It’s not excuses it’s just stating facts. Strawns opponents were 73-27. Its an indicator of strengthening of the schedule. On any given nite a great team can stumble BUT indicators like SOS tell a lot. Never want to be negative to ANY team. But ones played tough ones all year and the other hasn’t.” It’s the fight in the dog not the dog in the fight”

Back