Congratulations RS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't this the same person who was questioning someone's account?
You are correct.
It’s more like Tex shows up into message boards I’m interested in. The title of this message board is congratulation’s RS. So naturally I would maybe frequent or look at it. Yet I’m searching him out.?.? It’s just a good friendly jab here and there.

In Texas schools are funded based on the number of students enrolled and the daily attendance on campus. Currently, schools receive a base allotment of $6,160 per student each year. So a school that has 150 students enrolled in K-12 would receive $924,000. RS is spending about a third of their funding to pay football coaches.

Good job at copy/paste! You do realize that’s just a portion of their revenue, right?

Also, since you seem to know so much about RS, what percentage of recent RS graduates are either college grads or still attending college? Pretty good stats for not being “college ready”.

Who's account was I questioning? Was it possibly the one that said Richland Springs fans stayed silent? Yes. Naturally, I would question why someone would say for the whole fanbase that Richland fans silent on message boards when it is obvious they do not. Does that make sense to you?

Good job at copy/paste! You do realize that’s just a portion of their revenue, right?

Also, since you seem to know so much about RS, what percentage of recent RS graduates are either college grads or still attending college? Pretty good stats for not being “college ready”.
Lol (sorry, this is how Arnaud does it. No worries) Thank you for proving my point that Richland fans dont stay silent.

Who's account was I questioning? Was it possibly the one that said Richland Springs fans stayed silent? Yes. Naturally, I would question why someone would say for the whole fanbase that Richland fans silent on message boards when it is obvious they do not. Does that make sense to you?
The post I was referring to
Thought RS fans were silent???
Actually what is your real name Ashworth? Email, phone number? 😂😂😂
Stay classy!
You questioned if they were silent which is funny because the thread is about RS. I understand that this thread has turned into banter so I'm not being serious about much here. Except for UT being a mediocre football team

The post I was referring to

You questioned if they were silent which is funny because the thread is about RS. I understand that this thread has turned into banter so I'm not being serious about much here. Except for UT being a mediocre football team
That's Best Mediocre team in Texas to you Jammer. Texas Baaaggies are the next best Mediocre team.

I’m just curious… and this has to do with the Robin Hood law. Is RS a school that gets money taken from them or do they receive it from the state?

Chaka is the best 6 man player in the state and I agree that he will be motivated, but RS just paid approximately $350,000 for this year's football coaching staff (80k each for Ethridge/Hayes/Rogers plus 110k for Burkhart). I predict Benjamin will lose to RS at state. It's hard for one man-child to beat a collection of all stars.
How’s Benjamin getting there? They are without a coach! They got rid of the best one they’ve ever had. Hired 2 that had benefits, neither worked out for reasons undisclosed publicly. Now, 2 weeks away from 2 A days they are coachless.

How’s Benjamin getting there? They are without a coach! They got rid of the best one they’ve ever had. Hired 2 that had benefits, neither worked out for reasons undisclosed publicly. Now, 2 weeks away from 2 A days they are coachless.
This is untrue we have two coaches and are moving forward with our goal of winning a championship. While i know it’s not going to be easy we still have a great squad. And our staff does not include 4 guys making 70k+ a year. Don’t count the mustangs out.

I don't have much personal info about how RS prepares their students for life after college, but I can share what I've read. Check out these copy/paste skills from the San Angelo newspaper:

"And this is what really frustrates me about football in general. When you get up beyond six-man, coaches do a better job of helping student-athletes get to that next step. But that just wasn't the case for me at Richland Springs. ... I spent my whole high school career just playing football, not looking toward the next step in life."

Along with being critical of the non-football guidance he received at Richland Springs, Ethridge said a "falling out" occurred between his family and the school's administration leading up to his graduation.

I don't have much personal info about how RS prepares their students for life after college, but I can share what I've read. Check out these copy/paste skills from the San Angelo newspaper:

"And this is what really frustrates me about football in general. When you get up beyond six-man, coaches do a better job of helping student-athletes get to that next step. But that just wasn't the case for me at Richland Springs. ... I spent my whole high school career just playing football, not looking toward the next step in life."

Along with being critical of the non-football guidance he received at Richland Springs, Ethridge said a "falling out" occurred between his family and the school's administration leading up to his graduation.
Your using a SA newspaper of events that happened 15 years ago. Sheeesh reach. Reach. For every one of those stories there’s ten that go the other way. That was his story and it was a good read, but here they are back to the mistreatment.

With a few misleading questions a reporter can turn an interview or a story in any direction she my want it to go, especially if there is a bias.
I have mentioned her name on here before, but I don’t know if she is even still calling herself a reporter any more. I don’t read the San Angelo paper after it was taken over by the liberals.

Your using a SA newspaper of events that happened 15 years ago. Sheeesh reach. Reach. For every one of those stories there’s ten that go the other way. That was his story and it was a good read, but here they are back to the mistreatment.
They are back for the money and chance to win a ring and finish up his career without having to do much. Don’t fool yourself. The way they got treated before was not a misprint I’m sure

They are back for the money and chance to win a ring and finish up his career without having to do much. Don’t fool yourself. The way they got treated before was not a misprint I’m sure
I’m not fooled by anything. He could have had everything you said in Benjamin WITH better facilities. So don’t fool yourself into thinking something wasn’t right when he got there. He will be a full time history teacher as I’m sure he’s always been. Plus he’s coached alot of kids and sports through the years I’m sure he can handle it. What exactly was his heavy load he was going to be hauling in Benjamin?

I don't have much personal info about how RS prepares their students for life after college, but I can share what I've read.

I have better idea. Mind your own business.

FYI, we (the community of RS) put on various events to raise money for scholarships and post graduation money (to help the students get a good start), as do many small towns that care about their graduates. I have been to 3 of these events (I'm sure there were more than just these 3) this year alone wherein > $10k was raised at each event to be divided among the graduating class or used for scholarships for San Saba county. Some of the RS students are going to college, some are not. Their choice.

They are prepared for whatever life has to throw at them and will always have the support of the RS community, so try to calm yourself. Put your efforts into your own community. Your opinion of RS, its scholastic prowess and financial status and the community in general is worth about as much as Joe Biden's opinion ... on anything.

I’m not fooled by anything. He could have had everything you said in Benjamin WITH better facilities. So don’t fool yourself into thinking something wasn’t right when he got there. He will be a full time history teacher as I’m sure he’s always been. Plus he’s coached alot of kids and sports through the years I’m sure he can handle it. What exactly was his heavy load he was going to be hauling in Benjamin?
Coaching offense in high school,plus jr high and special teams, maybe some defense. Coaching basketball, track…….actually coaching not just getting paid like one. I bet a lot of history teachers out there would take 70k+ and a house but I’m sure y’all interviewed just teachers right? What’s done is done,this chance at a trophy will cost y’all over 300k and prove that R$ is more than willing to do whatever it takes to win. Congratulations to R$

Coaching offense in high school,plus jr high and special teams, maybe some defense. Coaching basketball, track…….actually coaching not just getting paid like one. I bet a lot of history teachers out there would take 70k+ and a house but I’m sure y’all interviewed just teachers right? What’s done is done,this chance at a trophy will cost y’all over 300k and prove that R$ is more than willing to do whatever it takes to win. Congratulations to R$

As I said in another post, your town leadership and school leadership need to find a way to attract the talented coaches (ie. raise more money). RS has done it according to the UIL rules. So, stop complaining. You sound like my ex-wife.

So your telling me Harley E is just going to sit around and get paid to just teach history and not coach anything.?.?. Na.
So you went from ecstatic, to eating crow, got over it and now we’re back to pointing the finger. Man you’ve been on a roller coaster. You are not facing the facts that something didn’t go right at Benjamin. It wasn’t all this other nonsense you keep saying.

I believe this to be an exception. Not the rule. Look what Tyler has accomplished after high school. He experienced some rough times (as we all do), but look where he is now and what he is doing with his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back