Congratulations Blum

I think it's funny because according to all the "experts" out west, the poor little east side of the bracket didn't stand a chance. All I heard once playoffs started, was whoever won the west would 45 the east winner. It was all about the west. Congrats to Blum they have proved the doubters wrong no matter the outcome in the second half.

A lot of people in Texas just got to witness 6-man for the first time because it was televised. What a freaking treat for them, hell for everyone for that matter!!! Congrats Blum!!!

On a side note, it feels kinda good to say we were beating the State Champs at halftime!! LOL

Awesome game! I was wrong thinking Blum wouldn’t be able to handle 4 qtr’s with McLean. Great coaching and a great game! Exactly what I was wanting. A sixman state championship that’s close and comes down to the wire.

Always ready for the underdog to pull the upset.
Blum limited Crockett and imo looked to be in better condition and hungrier. I believe the over confident bug may have gotten to McLean.
Good job Bobcats and congrats!!!!

I'd be willing to speculate a few people from Blum might be late to work tomorrow. Maybe even a few who need the whole day to recover. DDD!

One of the privileges of living in the DFW area is being able to go to the Six Man championship at Jerry World by driving 15 minutes from my house!

What a game! I believe the Blum-McC game will go down as one of the best in state championship history. Wow. Both teams hit the other with a haymaker and knocked them down ... and then they got off the mat and fought back. So much heart and courage by both teams. I thought Blum was going to be railroad out by halftime in the first quarter but they hung in there, got their D going and started making plays. Then I thought McCl was done in the 3rd and early 4th but no ... they hung in there and made plays. Interceptions. Onside kick return for a TD. Fourth down pickups. Just incredible.

My hats off to Blum for a great great win. Those boys really showed heart and courage but my hat is off to the boys from McCl too. They never quit either, time just ran out.

That was some marvelous six man football. A blessing to see it and be there!

CleverUsername1":2apl1hd4 said:
I guess nobody told Blum that they were supposed to get 45’d? Couldn’t be more proud to be a Bobcat right now!!

That's exactly what I thought at halftime! Congrats to Blum!

This is just my 2 cents: Blum wanted it more than McLean, especially early in the game, and the two teams were virtually even talent wise. Blum's coach should be proud, especially of that play where the QB fakes a pitches and then throws an 11-manesque seam route to #11 (I believe, the four teams are starting to run together) was unique and one of the best tight throwing plays I have ever seen.

That forced McLean to quit keying on #7 and changed the direction of the game. #7 and #8 got it done on the ground, #12 is a heck of a blocker, #6 led the team at QB, #11 caught some passes early, and #9 was a jack-of-all-trades, I believe off the bench.

McLean looked flat early on. Maybe they were tired from putting up 90whatever on Rankin? I have no idea, but I didn't see much that looked unstoppable to me. Crockett's runs early were because of good blocking by the line.

The lesson for you kids watching at home? You don't play the game on paper! Granger, unless I am reading it wrong, picked McLean to win by 120 points according to the rankings; (I understand it results in a 45 mercy rule win.) Not only did Blum win, I am not sure they aren't the more talented team. That's why you put your pads on and show up, even if you are supposed to lose, because sometimes the experts get it wrong.

It was an enjoyable game all the way around and probably the best sixman game played Jerry World to this point. Has anyone noticed most of the state games have been lopsided since we left Shotwell?

TebowTime15":aeuwcyof said:
CleverUsername1":aeuwcyof said:
It was an enjoyable game all the way around and probably the best sixman game played Jerry World to this point. Has anyone noticed most of the state games have been lopsided since we left Shotwell?

I have definitely noticed this and not just at the Six Man level. I wonder how many teams are losing to the stadium? It's definitely a great experience for the kids but I wonder if some teams are overwhelmed a little to be there. Years ago a coach at Permian told me that the famous Permian head coach recounted that the Panthers lost a game at Texas Stadium and that in the middle of the third coach coach Wilkins admitted he got to thinking "I'm standing where Tom Landry stands!"

It's not going to change though. They got $20 just for parking! What do you think these four days of football bring into the UIL (and Jerry's) coffers?!

This game was a lot like the 1992 state game between Ft Hancock and Panther Creek. Danny Medina had been on a roll and without a lot of pressure until that game. He just had everyone outmanned. When he ran into Clawson's defense and had to bear down and start coaching, it was too late. That ended the Fort's run.

Back