Congratulations Blum

51eleven

Six-man expert
I know nothing about Blum. Looking on http://lonestarfootball.net/ , it seem this is their first trip to the big dance. They lost to RS in the semi in 06 so have been close before but this will be a unique experience for the whole town.

I was privileged to experience Strawn's first at Ratliff stadium in Odessa in 03 then again in Lubbock in 08. But Jerry World is a bit different. Take time to enjoy, savor the moment.

Thank you. Like you said we made the Semis in 2006 but lost to RS. We also made the Semis in 2014 but lost to May, then got bounced by Abbott (the eventual champs) in the first round in a defensive battle the following season. I’ve also heard stories from my parents of some really good Blum teams who were unfortunate enough to share a district with some even better Milford teams back when only one team made the playoffs from each district. So we’ve come close several times but haven’t been able to make it to the big game until now. I haven’t been able to make any games due to being in my final year of college but I’d be lying if I said that I didn’t tear up a little when I heard the final whistle blow on the radio broadcast. This is a huge football town and finally making it to state means a whole lot to everyone here, especially those who used to wear a Bobcat jersey.

CleverUsername1":r49zxdk3 said:
Thank you. Like you said we made the Semis in 2006 but lost to RS. We also made the Semis in 2014 but lost to May, then got bounced by Abbott (the eventual champs) in the first round in a defensive battle the following season. I’ve also heard stories from my parents of some really good Blum teams who were unfortunate enough to share a district with some even better Milford teams back when only one team made the playoffs from each district. So we’ve come close several times but haven’t been able to make it to the big game until now. I haven’t been able to make any games due to being in my final year of college but I’d be lying if I said that I didn’t tear up a little when I heard the final whistle blow on the radio broadcast. This is a huge football town and finally making it to state means a whole lot to everyone here, especially those who used to wear a Bobcat jersey.

Take off the 18th. Go to the game. Eat out before or after. It ill be a memorable experience no matter the outcome.

Congrats Blum!

Yes I was told about an epic district game between Milford and Blum in 1979, year Milford won it all, Milford scored late to tie it at 26 and Blum jumped off sides about 3 straight times blocking the PAT and finally Milford made one to end up winning 28-26

It’s always good to see a team make the trip for the first time. Congratulations to all the Bobcats and their supporters! Good luck in Arlington!

Congrats to the Blum Bobcats! Sixisenough and I are out-of-towners who travel to a 6 man game each Friday and Blum is one of favorite stops (if not our #1 fav.). I've seen some really good football played in the field for the last 13 years and wondered when they would make it past the semi's. We'll be there at AT&T to cheer them on. Can't wait.

Avoid the late afternoon/early evening traffic. It is Very heavy. If you leave after the first game go eat somewhere then get gone. If you stay for both games, go eat somewhere afterwards. Wait until after 6:00 to leave.

Google places to eat around the stadium before you go. Decent BBQ place (based out of east Texas) N E of the stadium. Can't remember the name at the moment.

Good Luck Blum..I saw Blum beat Trindad on a very cold night I'm thinking it was in West Tx. Met the Lone Granger on the sidelines that cold game, anybody remember any cold games you where at?

51eleven":qrqjdkp0 said:
Avoid the late afternoon/early evening traffic. It is Very heavy. If you leave after the first game go eat somewhere then get gone. If you stay for both games, go eat somewhere afterwards. Wait until after 6:00 to leave.

Google places to eat around the stadium before you go. Decent BBQ place (based out of east Texas) N E of the stadium. Can't remember the name at the moment.

No need to go anywhere once you get to stadium. Texas Live has everything.

markf":9mm3fbev said:
Good Luck Blum..I saw Blum beat Trindad on a very cold night I'm thinking it was in West Tx. Met the Lone Granger on the sidelines that cold game, anybody remember any cold games you where at?

Gordon vs Savoy just a few years back in Springtown. The afternoon was ok, but a nasty cold front with a driving rain and a 30° temperature drop just before the game made it the most miserable experience at a game I've attended.
Got to play in a heavy snowfall the last game of the regular season 1976. Deer hunting in 6 - 8" of snow the next morning was glorious! Not that bad compared to some panhandle experiences I know, but for Palo Pinto county it was a very rare occurrence.

Blum appears quicker than McLean on both sides of the ball, and other than the opening three drives, they've proven to be nearly unblockable when on defense.
McLean has to have players other than Crockett step up and make plays if they want to win. Blum has exposed the Tigers' overdependence on him to carry them.
After one half, I'd say that Blum has a half step on the Tigers; if they continue to contain Crockett, and Mclean doesn't adjust, I see Blum getting their first state title today.

airboss32":1y8dnt5o said:
Blum appears quicker than McLean on both sides of the ball, and other than the opening three drives, they've proven to be nearly unblockable when on defense.
McLean has to have players other than Crockett step up and make plays if they want to win. Blum has exposed the Tigers' overdependence on him to carry them.
After one half, I'd say that Blum has a half step on the Tigers; if they continue to contain Crockett, and Mclean doesn't adjust, I see Blum getting their first state title today.
Maaan don’t jinx us like that! But seriously though, McLeans dependence on Crockett is hurting them and he seems to be wearing down. He was made out to be a God among boys by the posters on this site but when he doesn’t get clean blocks he hasn’t done much. Extremely good no doubt, but based off this game I think it’s silly to consider him on the level of TE. Go Bobcats!!

Not trying to “jinx” anyone, just voicing my opinion.
Right now, McLean has no idea how to stop Blum offensively, and it’s showing.
And when McLean has the ball, they look slow....Blum getting tons of penetration into the Tiger backfield.....

airboss32":1b0bjmkb said:
Not trying to “jinx” anyone, just voicing my opinion.
Right now, McLean has no idea how to stop Blum offensively, and it’s showing.
And when McLean has the ball, they look slow....Blum getting tons of penetration into the Tiger backfield.....
I know lol. I’m a Blum fan. I was just saying I’m happy people are talking good about us but I’m not celebrating anything until the final whistle lol!

Back