Concussion Training at Lubbock Coaching Clinic

Coach Ware

11-man fan
Will there be a concussion training seminar at this years Lubbock Coaching Clinic.

I ask this for all the schools that has made new hires.

I was wondering that myself. I didn't see it on the clinic schedule. On the THSCA website there is a link to online concussion training. We'll prolly go that route.

Yes, you are correct. It is good for 2 years.
BUT----
My question was, Spur has hired a new (1st year) coach and I was checking to see if there will be concussion training at the clinic or will he, along with other 1st year coaches, have to do it online or at the Lbk Coaching Clinic.

CowboyP":2iwxfyi0 said:
I was told I couldn't get a concussion - too hard headed....

I do not think that happened either but, with you who would know, no matter how much traing they had. and andother thread ruined.

Texas Health Ben Hogan Sports Medicine, is offering, FREE OF CHARGE, the training required by H.B. 2038. Coaches were required by state law to complete two (2) hours of concussion training no later than September 1, 2012. In addition, coaches are required to complete two (2) hours of additional concussion training every two years. The Texas Health Ben Hogan Sports Medicine group is certified through the TEA and approved by the UIL to offer the concussion training course.

http://www.texashealth.org/sportsconcussions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back