Coaches Assn. All Star Games

51eleven

Six-man expert
I was looking at the Six Man Coaches Assn. website for info on the all star games on July 17/18 (plus BB on the 18th). As they moved to Wichita Falls this year I thought I might be able to make it for at least one. Does anyone know if a roster will possibly be posted before the games?

Doubt it. They usually do not know who is there until they check in. I assume the sixman association has some kind of list as sent by directors, but folks involved may be out of pocket.

You can find a current roster at texassixmancoachesassociation.com, the official website of Texas Six-Man Football. As the previous post stated, there will likely be changed before game time.

Terry Collins":2cdyycgp said:
You can find a current roster at texassixmancoachesassociation.com, the official website of Texas Six-Man Football. As the previous post stated, there will likely be changed before game time.

Thank You Sir! Guess I missed the icon the first time I looked.
To share more easily with others:

http://www.texassixmancoachesassociatio ... pdate.html

Just looking over the DI roster again today. Just the possibility of seeing Parsley and Morris in the same backfield is enticing. Bemis and Harris on the opposing defense should make it interesting. And I've been fortunate to see what Nowak is capable of many times. I think I may leave work a little early that Friday.

Savoy Football":7i1h2zif said:
I thought the all star games were played after the season? What game is this?
This is the 6 man coaches senior (or graduate) all star game. Also known as "THE All-Star Game". Most all star games are held after high school graduation, there may even be some sort of rule about it. The only one that is played after the season that I know of is the private school all-star game.

And it is for football, boys basketball, and girls basketball.

Savoy Football":2c14hr7k said:
Is this for football?

It's for football and basketball.
DI East vs West football Friday night.
Basketball, girls and boys Saturday afternoon.
DII fooball Saturday night.

Savoy, these games are for public schools. If some of the players from these lists had played in the Don Hardin Bowl for Coach Burkhart the score would have been different. No disrespect to the Private's intended.

51eleven":2knoudk6 said:
Savoy, these games are for public schools. If some of the players from these lists had played in the Don Hardin Bowl for Coach Burkhart the score would have been different. No disrespect to the Private's intended.

Eh, I don't know about all that. The little running back/quarter back that is going to UMHB, I don't see too many kids at the six man level stopping him. Private, Public, Paid..whatever:)

BnB":n2eqcrba said:
51eleven":n2eqcrba said:

Eh, I don't know about all that. The little running back/quarter back that is going to UMHB, I don't see too many kids at the six man level stopping him. Private, Public, Paid..whatever:)

I know I could just google it but who/where is UMHB?
Not trying to get in a peeing contest here but I've read Parsley is going to A&M Commerce.
To play safety if I remember right. Seems like they could find some way to use him on offense.

I apologize for my earlier post. Any kid that gets a chance to play college football did a lot more than I.
I didn't intend to disparage his accomplishment. Public and Private both promote the sport.
As Don Hardin said Good Football to You.

Thanks for your post Smokey. I didn't want any kid with the ambition and ability to go to College by playing football to be discouraged by a comment about Public vs Private or DIII vs DII.

BTW, for all out there.
I found a hotel in WTF on Friday Night for the DI game on Priceline for 32 bucks (40 with hotel tax).
Maybe not up to many's standards, a low tripadvisor rating. A National chain I've stayed in before.
A pool and a free "breakfast". I'm getting away for a night in the summer And seeing sixman football at it's best!

Back