Coach Arrested At Sanderson v Marfa Football Game

Have you ever seen a ref dive into the middle of a pile on a fumble, pulling players off and pushing them to see where the ball is and who has possession ? Come on guys take the blinders off and get real.
“CAUTION, SELECTIVE MEMORY AT WORK “!
Just pointing out the obvious............

FCSA football":3eaeb43l said:
Have you ever seen a ref dive into the middle of a pile on a fumble, pulling players off and pushing them to see where the ball is and who has possession ? Come on guys take the blinders off and get real.
“CAUTION, SELECTIVE MEMORY AT WORK “!
Just pointing out the obvious............

There is a big difference in digging in a pile on a fumble and putting hands on a player during a fight. The insurance companies would not want to defend an official in a lawsuit from slinging a player away from a fight.

51eleven":1vftnrrx said:
JasonTX":1vftnrrx said:
Swift22":1vftnrrx said:
the refs obviously were not doing their job.

What is the refs job in that situation? High school officials ARE NOT allowed to put hands on players to break up a fight. Their number 1 job in a fight is to step back and start writing down numbers of those involved. The coaches are tasked with removing their own players from the fight.

I did not realize ref's were not allowed to put their hands on players to break up fights. I guess I never really thought about it but thinking back I don't ever remember seeing it happen. Makes sense, they can't be accused of favoring one team over the other by their actions in such a situation. By the same token they should be able to yell along the lines of "Break it up Now, Go To Your Sideline, Break it up Now or You Will Be Ejected."

We do yell. We also blast the whistle and sometimes that helps break up the fight. Those things are loud when you are in the line of the blast. But we are talking about kids, who for whatever reason, just want to knock each others heads off and the last person they will listen to is the officials. Officials are not the most loved people on the field as it is. If an official throws a player off during a fight there will be one pissed of momma coming after that official. To top that off, the official will be sued and our insurance would not want to cover us in a situation. We don't know what the resolution will be with the Sanderson coach, but I can assure you if it was the official that threw the player, that kids parents would not go lightly toward the official.

Back