Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day

Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day

I stood in line at the one at I-95 airport exit for 45 minutes before getting served. Heard some comments in line, "bet the politicians wished they had that kind of turnout for the Tuesday primary elections... I love pro-cotts, (opposite of boy-cotts).

In an interview on The Ken Coleman Show, Cathy stated, "I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say, 'We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage.' And I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to try to redefine what marriage is about."

Amen

Chick-fil-A's Closed-on-Sunday Policy

Of the many unique characteristics that distinguish Chick-fil-A, Inc. from other quick-service restaurant companies, the most notable - and the most asked about - tradition is that of closing all of its 1,600-plus* restaurants on Sunday. Following is a brief explanation of how the "Closed-on-Sunday" policy started and why it will continue to remain in place.

Since Truett Cathy, founder and CEO of Chick-fil-A, opened his first restaurant in 1946, he has made his Closed-on-Sunday policy as much a part of the Chick-fil-A brand as the original Chick-fil-A® Chicken Sandwich. While many question the chain's policy and how Chick-fil-A could forgo sales on one of the busiest days for food service, Cathy answers challengers by saying closing on Sunday is one of the best business decisions he has ever made.

Cathy's practice of closing his restaurants on Sunday is unique to the restaurant business and a testament to his faith in God. Within the first week of business at his Dwarf Grill restaurant in Hapeville, Ga. more than 60 years ago, Cathy knew that he would not deal with money on the "Lord's Day." Today, the Closed-on-Sunday policy is reflected in the company's Corporate Purpose:

To glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us.
To have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A.

Cathy believes that being closed on Sunday says two important things to people: One, that there must be something special about the way Chick-fil-A people view their spiritual life and, two, that there must be something special about how Chick-fil-A feels about its people.

Cathy believes that by giving employees Sunday off as a day for family, worship, fellowship or rest, the company attracts quality people. And people, Cathy says, are the cornerstone of all that Chick-fil-A does as a chain. Chick-fil-A has the opportunity to attract individuals who want to be associated with an organization with a values-based vision, that is purpose-driven and that truly values a balance between work and family.

In today's business world, the Closed-on-Sunday policy may seem to be a costly business decision. But, as company sales figures have consistently proven, Chick-fil-A restaurants often generate more business per square foot in six days than many other quick-service restaurants produce in seven. Chick-fil-A generated more than $4 billion dollars in sales in 2011, and the chain has enjoyed sales gains for 44 consecutive years (every year since the first Chick-fil-A restaurant opened in 1967). Cathy credits "blessings from the Lord" for the great success the company has enjoyed, and he remains as committed as ever to maintaining the Closed-on-Sunday policy. "I feel it's the best business decision I ever made," says Cathy.

Old Bearkat":349vnwf8 said:
I love the way this whole thing has blown up in the 0bama team's faces.

I don't like Chick-Fil-A. I'm just not much of a yard-bird eater. Since this deal has happened, I've tried to eat there twice. I didn't either time because the line was too long. It's nice to see a liberal boycott blow up in their faces.

The liberal boycott. It it was even one.

By Monday of last week people had already started going out of their way to buy ChickFilA and by Wednesday every store in the US on average probably had 1000 extra people all day long. Supporting with their presence and wallet. Record single sales setting day nearly every store.

The liberals "Kiss Day" on Friday was probably three people per store on average. Show up for 75 seconds, two people kiss, try to make sure somebody sees them, the third takes the picture, they dont buy anything and they post on their face book page and say "I guess we showed them" ... what a joke... Sales per day at or below average... any gain was residual from Wednesdays continued support of ChickFilA

My favorite comment so far has been (from an American source)

"You stop going to Chick-fil-A because they don't support gay marriage? Guess you have to stop buying gas because in Saudia Arabia being homosexual usually means the death penalty."

This whole story has become HUGE in the American media...

SavannahSixManFan":f2cbfsl4 said:
Ya'll have more Chick Fil A location than we do... (we are the top two)
Texas 263
Georgia 196

Not a single Chik-Fil-A in the whole state of Montana -- I looked hoping that I could join in the pro-cott.

Now across the boarder in Idaho Falls. 100 miles away, there is supposed to be one. However, that is a little far for even this narrow-minded, knuckle-dragging, never-tax-the-rich-oppress-the-poor, man+woman=marriage, tree cutting, cattle grazing, sod bustin, redneck to drive for a chicken sandwich just so I could thumb my nose at the GLBT groups.

mtjack":zmi6gfxt said:
...narrow-minded, knuckle-dragging, never-tax-the-rich-oppress-the-poor, man+woman=marriage, tree cutting, cattle grazing, sod bustin, redneck to drive for a chicken sandwich just so I could thumb my nose at the GLBT groups.

I'm putting that in my twitter profile. Well, 140 characters of it anyway. If that's okay with you.

Have at it.

Its all good today...Practice finally starts in the north country. FOOTBALL is here again. Green grass, smoke is thick enough to chew (annual forest fires are back on after a year off, you don't cut'em - you burn'em), new gear handed out, and let the sweating begin this morning. Ironman competition tonight @6:30.

All is well in America again.

Back