Chester vs Oakwood

JacketMom

11-man fan
As I ponder the upcoming game between the 'Jackets and the Panthers, I can't help but look back at the historical meetings between the two teams. History shows the Panthers have a significant lead over the Jackets in the win column, including our games as 11-man competitors. Our most recent meeting in 2014 resulted in a Panther victory as well. The 'Jackets left their A-game in Chester that night or maybe just left it on the bus...I don't know, but the Panthers capitalized when they needed to and ended up the victors on their home turf. Question now is..can the Panthers come into 'Jackets nest and disrupt the undefeated season the Purple Swarm is flying high on? Or will 'Jacket defense put the sting in the Panther's tails and send them scurrying back into the East Texas woods?

Sixmanfootball picked the 'Jackets with a 2 point spread. Sixmania is going with the Panthers and 17 points.

Today my hero is sixmanfootball because I always like someone that picks my boys along with me. And with the defense I saw on the field last week...I just can't see a 17 point spread loss for the 'Jackets this game.

But...who is correct? You make the call.

And as always I pray for safe travel for all and God's protection over these young men as they compete.

Wow....we got our money's worth tonight. It's still a great time to be a Yellow Jacket!

sixmanfootball called it...it was a 3 point game.

5-0.....Love Purple

As close as it was, this may have been game of the week. And since it was so close, I guess Coach K's boys can compete!! I'd much rather watch one that was this close. Good Football to both teams!!

I may have to rank this game as the most exciting ever. We didn't play to our potential on defense and we had 3 TD's called back...I think we quadrupled our penalties for the year in one game, or it seemed like it at least. We were down 10 at the half and made a comeback. Score went back and forth throughout late 3rd and 4th quarter. We were down 4 late in last quarter and had an amazing score with about 30 some-odd seconds left in game. The fans went crazy. Hardly a person sitting..I think even our grandparents were on their feet. Then we recovered the on-side kick to seal the win 71-68.

They never quit!!! It. Was. AWESOME!!!

Hats off to the Chester boys...they played their hearts out. The 9n side kick recovery was the deciding blow...36 seconds left on the clock was more than enough time for us to go score. Big play from them just at the right time.....good luck Chester for the rest of the year...make some noise come playoffs.

Texman301 I believe you are right if not for the on side kick recovery I believe the Oakwood team and there fans might have had a very happy ride back to Oakwood. I believe I would have to rank this game as the most exciting Yellowjacket football game I've ever watched 6-man or 11-man. It's been a great season so far and a great time to be a Yellowjacket fan. The towns buzzing and the boys are pumped, 5 down 4 to go then the playoffs. Thanks for the kind words Texman301 good luck to your panthers the rest of the season.

30+ seconds was enough, no doubt. Could we have gotten the stop, would some have dropped a pass, who knows. It was a good game. Coach, thank you for the kind words, but your team deserves the same. They also battled hard and wanted it. Good Luck to the Oakwood Panthers the remainder of this season.

Back