Chester vs Leverett's Chapel

JacketMom

11-man fan
Well here we are my new sixman football friends. District 16 matchups begin this Friday with the Yellow Jackets hosting the Lions for our Seniors' last football game at Aubry Bradley Stadium. As it stands in non-district play the Jackets hold a record of 2-5 leading into district. Will that record distract the Jackets from executing in district? Will they meditate on defeat and let the Lions or the Eagles run away with the two play-off spots?

I DON'T THINK SO. The team that I watched play Friday night against the Cardinals is on a mission. I've whined and cried about our defense throughout non-district play up until Friday night. The team that came out on the field Friday played with a passion I have failed to witness this entire season. We attacked the ball unlike anything I've seen all year, we tackled convincingly (with a couple of exceptions of course) and we didn't panic on offense as we have done in the past. The execution was much smoother and more controlled. Still too many fumbles, but much better.

If we come out and play defense and control the ball like we did against the Cardinals, I think we can compete with just about anyone. I know how pumped my kiddo is about district and he CANNOT wait for Friday night. Neither can I and it's only Monday. That said, after listening to those who have seen LC on film this year I will pick the Jackets to bring in the upset as 6man has us as a 6 point underdog. My new BFF on sixman football says we can score whatever we want on LC, but I'm just gonna limit it to 30 point win. I'm sweet like that! LOL

BTW...Apple Springs has a bye this week. Do you think any of our Eagle friends will make the short trip to good ol' Chester? I figured we'd see a few blue shirts this Friday. If you do, then come hungry because we got some pretty good burgers! Hey... If I can finish my signs maybe I can display them for you to preview. Just kidding Bdubbs and Coach Fudge!!! FEAR THE STING!

If you do, then come hungry because we got some pretty good burgers!

Too bad Ol' Pete ain't checking out the concession stands this year in 6 man..... He could make it there and give an honest critique, though you had better have Frito Pie too.......

I heard lc has suffered some major injuries but I doubt that makes a difference. I still pick Chester by 45. 65-20. Early 3rd. Chesters move ins and core group way to much for Lc.

Nothing like a little trash talk that can be posted on a cork board in the locker room to get a team REALLY fired up. Good job young man from Leverett's Chapel!

Yes sir lion y'all dominated everyone but Longview Trinity. I also saw that Longview beat Chester so I guess Longview Trinity would in the running for that District title if they were in that District and of course a public school.

Back