Benefits: $225 towards health insurance

Chris Perry, Superintendent
Cherokee HS
Box 100
Cherokee, TX 76832
325-622-4298 phone
325-622-4430 fax

Deadline: Until Filled

If I am correct won't this be 3 coaches in 3 years? From the outside this looks like an administration problem to me. Guess no one can get along in the land of the Indian.

Come on guys, I know ya'll are at least half in jest at Shely's expense and are strecthing the truth a little. He couldn't possibly have been at more than about 25% of the sixman schools in Texas. The ones that I can remember in central Texas are Richland Springs, Blanket, Jonesboro, and Cherokee. That leaves Mullin, Zephyr, Brookesmith, Rochelle. Lohn, Santa Anna, May, Sidney, Rising Star, Carbon, and Gustine. Whoa, that is just over 25%...hmm. I left Panther Creek off of the hasn't been to list because I'm pretty sure he was at Talpa many years ago and that school consolidated with Mozelle to become Panther Creek. You know he really must enjoy putting old names to new faces. That would really give me a headache!!

CowboyP":amx6aikk said:
ol' gus":amx6aikk said:
CowboyP":amx6aikk said:
Johnny South":amx6aikk said:
Now that Veribest is on the list, Is there any school that Shely hasn't been at?
Aquilla
Strawn, Gordon, Lingleville, Gorman, and Rotan. That's about it. Oh and Roxton.
Savoy, High Island

When was the last time Shely made it out of the 1st round of the playoffs at any of these schools?

Looks like my old buddy went and got a new name and is back. Missed you at district track meet, some guys wanted to meet you. Hey, know will never will be in your league coaching, but got a job. You?

HP Drifter":e1hpx5c7 said:
Looks like my old buddy went and got a new name and is back. Missed you at district track meet, some guys wanted to meet you. Hey, know will never will be in your league coaching, but got a job. You?

Are you talking to me HP Drifter? Are you friends with whoever this Shely guy is? I have stated in a previous post that my name is Cliff Baker I live in Corsicana, Texas and have 2 kids who attend six man schools. All I asked was the last time this Shely cat went to the second round of the playoffs and if you know him then why don't you answer the question. Have a good day sir.

Fulcrum":3j3j3bad said:
CowboyP":3j3j3bad said:
ol' gus":3j3j3bad said:
CowboyP":3j3j3bad said:
Johnny South":3j3j3bad said:
Now that Veribest is on the list, Is there any school that Shely hasn't been at?
Aquilla
Strawn, Gordon, Lingleville, Gorman, and Rotan. That's about it. Oh and Roxton.
Savoy, High Island

When was the last time Shely made it out of the 1st round of the playoffs at any of these schools?
That's not really a fair assessment seeing how the vast majority of ALL coaches don't make playoffs let alone the first round. Those that do, do it with kids who were already there when the coach got there. Few, if any, get to coach up a bunch of 4th and 5th graders up through graduation.

Mr. Fulcrum: do not know if he has ever gone past first round of playoffs. Know has not since about 2004. If might ask what school or schools do your kids attend.

Are you talking to me HP Drifter? Are you friends with whoever this Shely guy is? I have stated in a previous post that my name is Cliff Baker I live in Corsicana, Texas and have 2 kids who attend six man schools. All I asked was the last time this Shely cat went to the second round of the playoffs and if you know him then why don't you answer the question. Have a good day sir

How about you show some respect and and call him Coach Shely instead of this guy and this Shely cat.

Here is his stats that were taken from http://www.texassixmancoachesassociatio ... aches.html

Jack Shely
Head Coach @ Amherst
As a Head Coach compiled a record of 159-78-3, with State Championships in 1994 and 1995. As an Assistant Coach contributed to a combined record of 57-15, with a
State Championship apperarnce in 2003 while at Sanderson.
Named South Plains Coach of the Year in 1985 and 1993
Amarillo Globe News Coach of the Year in 1985
Henderson County Coach of the Year 1991
Recipient of the Sam Adams Award in 1995
Coached in the Six-Man All Star Game in 1986, 1995, and assisted in 2003
Served as director for the Six-Man Coaches Association and as Executive Secretary for 16 years.

Back