Cancelled?

Coaches know what their team "needs" better than anybody. Of course, this is the nature of this profession. Everyone knows more than us.

Re coach Jones post: you are right that SOME coaches know what their team needs.
It is also accurate to say that some coaches know what they need, which is more $$$$$$.
That is why some of them change jobs more often than some people change shirts.
VERY FEW coaches stay for the long haul, too many have some success and move on to the next bigger
Pay Check leaving confused and heartbroken kids and fans in their wake.
Just telling it like it is.....in today's world.

Sports used to be a Business for the Pros.
Now it's just a business at almost every level.
Sorry to say but "LOYALTY" is a meaningless cliche in today's world.

I agree with you in some respects but disagree with you on the majority on your statement. In any profession, regardless if its a teacher, coach, data entry, etc., a person should always strive to rise up the career ladder. In the coaching profession for example, moving from a D2 lower end six-man school to a higher D2 or D1 school should be expected or moving from a 2A head coaching spot to a 5A coordinator position. Change always hurts and is difficult, but change isn't bad either.

With your statement about coaches wanting more $$$, I think it's pretty obvious that you have an axe to grind with a past coach in this respect. I don't think it should ever be held against a person to want to better their situation if it's possible. You may think you know what's going on in the coach's life but in reality you have zero clue. They may have a medical issue that has never been discussed because quite frankly, it's none of your business.

It's easy to criticize the coaches for wanting to move up the ladder because its personal for people because it impacts their kids or their school, however, no one ever criticizes the small town police chief for moving to a large town to head that department up.

Just my thoughts...

FCSA football":3jtkywek said:
Re coach Jones post: you are right that SOME coaches know what their team needs.
It is also accurate to say that some coaches know what they need, which is more $$$$$$.
VERY FEW coaches stay for the long haul, too many have some success and move on to the next bigger

Can I agree with both of you at the same time? There is no loyalty in the world as a whole anymore. This is why people leave jobs, cheat on their spouses, etc. However, faulting anyone for leaving to better themselves to move up the ladder, get closer to in-laws, move further away from in-laws, and any other reason that a man or woman has for changing jobs is petty. Let them change jobs if they want to, how does it effect you?

If you change jobs every 1-2 years you will be deemed as a "job hopper" which is a red flag for admins. So, really they are doing the loyal people a favor. But that is just my opinion.

As for all the cancellation of games, budget crunches, etc. Until their is a punishment for those who are cancelling, this will continue on for decades to come. If they cancel on someone, then just don't schedule them. It will all work itself out.

Some of us get all upset about things that are out of our control.

coachbronk":1fk9vu0e said:
I agree with you in some respects but disagree with you on the majority on your statement. In any profession, regardless if its a teacher, coach, data entry, etc., a person should always strive to rise up the career ladder. In the coaching profession for example, moving from a D2 lower end six-man school to a higher D2 or D1 school should be expected or moving from a 2A head coaching spot to a 5A coordinator position. Change always hurts and is difficult, but change isn't bad either.

With your statement about coaches wanting more $$$, I think it's pretty obvious that you have an axe to grind with a past coach in this respect. I don't think it should ever be held against a person to want to better their situation if it's possible. You may think you know what's going on in the coach's life but in reality you have zero clue. They may have a medical issue that has never been discussed because quite frankly, it's none of your business.

It's easy to criticize the coaches for wanting to move up the ladder because its personal for people because it impacts their kids or their school, however, no one ever criticizes the small town police chief for moving to a large town to head that department up.

Just my thoughts...

FCSA football":1fk9vu0e said:

I really agree with a lot of what everyone is saying. I really like the suggestion of there being some monetary penalty for cancelling a game. Don't really think it should be absorberent, but there should be an amount a DEC could agree on. Just a thought!

I'm sure there are contracts in place should the coaches want to use them. We use contracts for TAPPS district games in our district, and have used them in the past on our non-district contests for the last 6-7 years. However, I will say that I have not used them this year to this date. We have not have anyone cancel, but I do understand things like this happen and there are a number of reasons for cancellations.

Okay I just heard from a player that coach called and said azle Christian cancelled on us. These private schools have gotten ridiculous. That's the 3rd team to cancel on us this year.

Two of the schools that cancelled on us this year were public schools.
Nobody has a lock on cancellations.
Oh yeah, one of the cancellations was on a home-away "agreement".
No Honor there folks.

Two of the schools that cancelled on us this year were public schools.
Nobody has a lock on cancellations.
Oh yeah, one of the cancellations was on a home-away "agreement".
No Honor there folks.

Re: Coach Bronk, I have no problem with people trying to better themselves and make lives better for those they love. Where I grew up there were no black people, no brown people or no white people, but there was a whole bunch of poor people. I started working at a restaurant washing dishes at a small restaurant when I was 8 years old, for .25 cents an hour and one meal a day. Everyone HAD to work in our family and I know what it means to better yourself. You assume I was talking about ALL coaches. I was not. I was referring to those people leave a school or organization just because they don't have an all star team coming up. They have no time or patience to build something. Loyalty to none but themselves. Some of which coach in 73 million dollar high school football stadiums. Building something from little or nothing is the American way, and I applaud those who build things and prosper. But I don't encourage getting to the "Top" by walking up, over and on the backs of others with little or no regard for those who trust or admire them. Most 6 man coaches don't fall in that category. So in I offended you in any way I apologize. However, I believe you know the type of person I am talking about and you probably would not want your son being influenced or "guided" by a self centered individual that only uses people to achieve what they believe they are "owed".
While this type of individual is rare in the 6 man ranks, unfortunately they exist in All Professions, including coaches.
So once again, I apologize to you and any others I may have offended.

Johnny South":2nnh0qak said:
oldfat&bald":2nnh0qak said:
Ex eagle":2nnh0qak said:
I heard zephyr cancelled last Friday with Richland, now union hill, beginning to thing some teams are worried about there perfect record. Can't believe these teams are scared to play the game.

Could someone please translate this post into English for me? Or is the value of the content not worth the effort of translation?

Here is what I think he said.

I heard Zephyr cancelled last Friday's game with Richland. Now Union Hill and Strawn have cancelled. I'm beginning to think some teams are more worried about their perfect record than keeping their word and playing the games that they scheduled. I can't believe these teams are scared to play the game.

Is that pretty close to your interpretation?
Actually,
Ive met multiple coaches and worked with quite a few
and every one wouldn't think twice
about breaking their word
and cancelling a game they gave their word they would play.
These are the same guys
you guys think are quality coaches.

Back