Cancelled?

Heard it was a budget crunch issue...

Good thing they have a 24-hr cancellation policy. Of course I usually stay at the Four Seasons when in Coolidge.

I heard zephyr cancelled last Friday with Richland, now union hill, beginning to thing some teams are worried about there perfect record. Can't believe these teams are scared to play the game.

Ex eagle":1u61768s said:
I heard zephyr cancelled last Friday with Richland, now union hill, beginning to thing some teams are worried about there perfect record. Can't believe these teams are scared to play the game.

Could someone please translate this post into English for me? Or is the value of the content not worth the effort of translation?

oldfat&bald":3pv8emf4 said:
Ex eagle":3pv8emf4 said:

Could someone please translate this post into English for me? Or is the value of the content not worth the effort of translation?

Here is what I think he said.

I heard Zephyr cancelled last Friday's game with Richland. Now Union Hill and Strawn have cancelled. I'm beginning to think some teams are more worried about their perfect record than keeping their word and playing the games that they scheduled. I can't believe these teams are scared to play the game.

Is that pretty close to your interpretation?

granger":2pg2e96h said:
Heard it was a budget crunch issue....

I can see the "budget crunch issue" if there is an overnight trip. But, if it breaks the budget to buy 30 gallons of diesel and burgers for the team at the concession stand, your budget is already a shambles!! Wow!

There was probably a good reason for the cancellation, such as not enough players to make up a team, but I would guess that it had nothing to do with the budget.

And to continue beating this dead horse; sometimes there may be injuries involving key players on a team. Heck, STUFF happens! But that is no legitimate reason to cancel a game if there are substitutes available. Sometimes the backup player really steps-up and makes a hand, surprising everyone. There have been playoff runs ended, State Championship dreams ended, and long winning streaks ended because of injuries, but that is the nature of the game. Go ahead and fulfill your obligations, to the other teams and to the fans of the game. If the fans start to smell a rat, their support will begin to fade. IMHO

Johnny South":us5kbxh9 said:
oldfat&bald":us5kbxh9 said:
Ex eagle":us5kbxh9 said:

Here is what I think he said.

I heard Zephyr cancelled last Friday's game with Richland. Now Union Hill and Strawn have cancelled. I'm beginning to think some teams are more worried about their perfect record than keeping their word and playing the games that they scheduled. I can't believe these teams are scared to play the game.

Is that pretty close to your interpretation?

Yep, it wasn't really worth the trouble of translating it. Thanks for the diligent effort.

My rule is if you can bring six guys (eligible under league rules) to the field, you play the game.

Many years ago, we got moved into a new TAPPS district. I went to the first district meeting and the previous district was a shambles. Some schools didn't feel like playing a game and would cancel at the last minute (my "star player" is hurt, etc.).

For some stupid reason, the schools elected me as district president and the first thing I did was write district rules, something like five or six pages, which had to be signed off by the AD, principal and pastor (church schools). One rule was firm: If you could bring five players for basketball or six players for volleyball, you had to play the game as scheduled.

We had no cancellations the next year.

Understand this translation. Zephyr Did Not cancel on Richland
You want the reason the game was not played call me
Shannon Williams
325-642-9490

Come on Bill O'Rielly! I thought you were supposed to be educated. The word your looking for is "fault" not "fought". Come on man, your better than that, use that spell check before posting.

O'Rielly, if your phone is like mine, sometimes I type in the word that I want, and the durn thing changes it to something altogether different just about the time I send it! Aggravating ain't it!

Back